SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Gosh! I wish North London had the same beautiful sunlight!!!
Its not fair!

Estadio da Luz and the emirates are very similar. If da Luz hadn't painted those huge trusses red and left them white, and Emirates didn't have the sloping roof then we would have the perfect stadium!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
stadiumfuture said:
MoreOrLess:
Its only mine opinion.
As you see pictures of both stadia, than can you not say that emirates stadium 5.000 seats smaller is than luz. Luz has more rows on the upper tier. Luz is more than 15.000 seats larger than arsenal stadium.
So your saying one of the stadiums is lieing about their capacity? If your right about the upper tiers then I'd guess Emirates makes up the difference with larger lower and middle tiers.

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Da Luz is 65647, and is obviously better than the Emirates Stadium. It just looks more eye-catching and is also bigger. I think it is the roof that does it. Any non-fanboy will tell you that they prefer Da Luz over The Emirates.

·
Cute but Psycho...
6,023 Posts
^^ How can you make that conclusion if the emirates not finished yet, Emirates might actually be better then da Luz, yet i agree that roof does let it down

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The roof of Da Luz is the one thing I like better than Emirates. The bowls are pretty much the same, and I like the very sharp exterior of Emirates. The English sloping roofs along the upper decks are just too much though.

·
Registered
950 Posts
rantanamo said:
The roof of Da Luz is the one thing I like better than Emirates. The bowls are pretty much the same, and I like the very sharp exterior of Emirates. The English sloping roofs along the upper decks are just too much though.
If we could see a rentidion of Da Luz and Ashburton Grove together they'd be almost identical.

Sloping roofs are a matter of tradition in England. The old Wembley had a surprisingly sloped roof. In fact so much so that in the furthest back seats the view was badly obstructed.

·
Architranceture Feelings
1,879 Posts
Best stadium in Portugal no doubt, althought the ancient was bigger.
Da Luz and Emirates are quite similar but i think first one is better in overall.

·
Registered
218 Posts
stadiumfuture said:
Luz = Catedral do futebol
this may be so but it doesn't hold 75 000

Bottom tier:
Emirates; 29 rows
Luz: 27 rows

2nd (corporate) tier:
8 rows each

3rd (corporate) tier:
3 rows each

4th Tier corners:
Emirates; 16 rows
Luz; 24 rows

4th ier apex:
Emirates; 33 rows
Luz; 41 rows

don't think theres a 15 000 difference there, more like 5-7 000

·
Registered
628 Posts
2zanzibar said:
this may be so but it doesn't hold 75 000

4th Tier corners:
Emirates; 16 rows
Luz; 24 rows

4th ier apex:
Emirates; 33 rows
Luz; 41 rows

don't think theres a 15 000 difference there, more like 5-7 000

Ahh. Thought it looked bigger. So the difference is in the upper tier.

I prefer the Da Luz, if I'm honest.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
stadiumfuture said:
On this site the fact & figures of Estadio da Luz and you can see that the stadium not 65.000 have, but 75.000 seats.
http://www.hoksve.com/sport/projects/4DEF9522-7DE9-4E08-920C-F2519D658885/Benfica_Stadium.htm?sort=Alpha
Sorry, stadiumfuture, but you're wrong and MoreOrLess is right.

The capacity of Stadio Da Luz is 65,000. Check this link:

http://www.eurostadiums.com/stadiums/Portugal/Lisboa/304/

Or this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_by_capacity

The European Championship final between Portugal and Greece in the summer of 2004 attracted a crowd of 62,865. For proof, see this link to the BBC website. The attendance is listed below the match report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/3860105.stm

I imagine that the slightly below 65,000 figure was because of the segregation required. If the Stadio Da Luz really held 75,000 seats, do you honestly think that 12,000 of them would have been empty for one of the most important matches in world football - especially when the home nation was in the final? And do you think that no one would have noticed all those empty seats?

Of course not.

·
stadiumfuture
376 Posts
Why are an architect company lieing about this facts. In the first option they have an plan to build an stadium for 75.000, but ernest walker (uefa) was against this plan. Only the 4 arches are reduced to 74 meter, and the total plan was the same structure.

The facts for 65.000 was an method to continue the construction proces. As they have say 'we build an stadium for 75.000', than was this the end of this beautiful project. Ernest Walker is an insitute in fooball real estate. He can say stop the construction now.

Please believe me

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
stadiumfuture said:
Why are an architect company lieing about this facts. In the first option they have an plan to build an stadium for 75.000, but ernest walker (uefa) was against this plan. Only the 4 arches are reduced to 74 meter, and the total plan was the same structure.

The facts for 65.000 was an method to continue the construction proces. As they have say 'we build an stadium for 75.000', than was this the end of this beautiful project. Ernest Walker is an insitute in fooball real estate. He can say stop the construction now.

Please believe me
Believe you? I'm sorry but I'm not sure that I totally understand what you're trying to say.

Are you still insisting that the Stadio Da Luz has a capacity of 75,000? If so, why - when just about every mention of the stadium that I've ever heard (or read in a newspaper, magazine or website; or seen on TV) says that the capacity is 65,000? And why was the attendance for the European Championship final between Portugal and Greece only 63,000? And why was the attendance for last December's crucial final Champions' League group game between Manchester United and and Benfica only 61,000?

Face it. You're wrong. The capacity of Stadio Da Luz is 65,000.

Apologies if I misunderstood your post and that you were, in fact, conceding that you were wrong!

·
stadiumfuture
376 Posts
JimB:
Listen to me,
Luz has overall 14 rows more than emirates stadium. +/- 1 row = 1.000 seats.
Or Emirates stadium is smaller or Luz is bigger.
Look only to the low corner and you see the result.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
stadiumfuture said:
JimB:
Listen to me,
Luz has overall 14 rows more than emirates stadium. +/- 1 row = 1.000 seats.
Or Emirates stadium is smaller or Luz is bigger.
Look only to the low corner and you see the result.
Emirates is smaller. When finished, its capacity will be 60,000. That's 5,000 less than Da Luz.

But please stop trying to convince everyone that Da Luz has a capacity of 75,000. Every single other reliable source on this subject says that the capacity of Da Luz is 65,000.

Do you really think you are right and everyone else in the world is wrong?

41 - 60 of 413 Posts