SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Standard Leeds mentality. Simultaneously having incredibly high expectations about what "should" be happening in the city, and then a kind of self-loathing when those unrealistic expectations aren't realised.

It's a snowball effect. The city needs to grow in size and profile, which includes a lot of "only okay" development, before it gets to the position where genuinely impressive developments can occur.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If that’s the case why in past did we have such promising tall buildings in planning? With lumiere and criterion place? It was much smaller in size also. You can be creative in the design and shape of a building without huge costs. I’m not expecting the the shard. Just more creativity than a box with a slight octagonal shape either side. I’m not even wanting a full on glass building. Just more creativity
I think you need to get over something that was proposed 15 years ago and was never actually built. You could argue that Criterion Place was an extravagant folly that Leeds wasn't ready for, certainly not back then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts