SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
yeah i like it too, nice to see some ambition.This area will be totally transformed and who knows it might mean that the crazy looking icon block on the bridge house corner site might one day come to fruition along with the 17 storey brick block proposed on cropper gate/wellington street.:)

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
yeah something with better/ good darker brickwork (and some parabolic arches on the ground floors :)) would be more appropriate here imo. This version will only fit in cladding wise with the proposed block next to brotherton house which ain't exactly a good looker and why is it so wide ? :(

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
iv'e come round to liking the darker cladding rather than another white block although it could be more terracotta coloured or even purple(ish) imo. I think it will look good or decent at least from st.pauls st. and park place as shown on the renders

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
yeah, at least the INC render was up there with previous incredible proposals like Criterion Place, Lumiere, Millgarth etc. It looked world class but even somewhere like Chicago would probably have trouble actually building it :)

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
yeah i think that Millgarth Tower was a KWL Development idea/scheme probably designed by ACME, and like CP & Lumiere (also KWL) it really could have been a proposal for Chicago or NYC. I've seen a tall similar sized building cladding - wise to it somewhere on here... it might have been a city in Australia.
I like the look of the purple (ceramic?) cladding on part of the 11 storey block in front of the tallest Lisbon Square tower when viewed from Park Place on the latest render

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
yeah i agree, although that deeper section to the right leading onto park lane would probably be easier to cover over and add path ways and cycle lanes to

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
yeah it's the city facing blank (or might as well be) ends of the white rose view blocks that i personally don't like, the rest is ok for a (28 storey) filler. I can see where the fridge likeness comes from though with the frosty bright white cladding which did something weird to my camera lens when the sun reflected on it when it was first built, it was so bright it looked distorted/blurred on the pics like cosmic candy floss or cotton wool :)
I think these westgate ones will look much better, esp. the dark purple/terracotta parts of it imo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts