Skyscraper City Forum banner
361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
So an intention to start on site in April subject to planning approval with the aim to build it in one phase, bar the office block (building 4).

Sounds like yet another vote of confidence in the city. Great to see it not all being student accommodation too, even though they couldn't quite help themselves and sprinkled just a bit in there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So an intention to start on site in April subject to planning approval with the aim to build it in one phase, bar the office block (building 4).

Sounds like yet another vote of confidence in the city. Great to see it not all being student accommodation too, even though they couldn't quite help themselves and sprinkled just a bit in there.
Its also nice to know we are actually getting a modern hotel, something we seriously lack. Very positive day.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Very positive result, but don’t the plans panel members go on and on about the same things!! Once one of them pipes up, particularly about the screen to between the path and the ring road, they all have to jump in with the same comments. It’s no wonder they were running massively late.

Let’s hope come April we have another major scheme starting although that seems a very ambitious time scale to mechanically design, source and procure everything across all the 4 buildings.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Very positive result, but don’t the plans panel members go on and on about the same things!! Once one of them pipes up, particularly about the screen to between the path and the ring road, they all have to jump in with the same comments. It’s no wonder they were running massively late.

Let’s hope come April we have another major scheme starting although that seems a very ambitious time scale to mechanically design, source and procure everything across all the 4 buildings.
The same developers were very quick getting started on Central Square from what I remember so hopefully more of the same.

·
Registered
159 Posts

it is a real joke that some tried to pin safety issues of the council owned bridge in the developer… I think we can be confident that this scheme means business.

·
Registered
30,763 Posts
This will be a huge gap plugged and I'm happy the colour change was made on the shorter tower. This should add some impact to the entrance into the City from Armley Gyratory too and maybe even spur on development of the Bridge House site.

Now that it's approved, it would be a great opportunity to change the thread title to reflect its change from being just stories into actual storeys :)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I know that those that join the streamed planning meetings do so mainly for your own enjoyment/information, but I just wanna say a big thanks to those that do and report back the details and general feel of what went on, on here. It's really appreciated for me and I'm sure plenty others - thank you.
I think everyone should watch at least one of them as a right of passage. It will really help to explain some of the bizarre planning decisions we end up with!

361 - 380 of 394 Posts