SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys !

I have a little request for you :) can anyone post some fotos from Lithuanian coast ? Especially from citys like Nida or Palanga and others smaller tourist city.

I would like to go on holiday at yours part of BALTIC COAST and I'm looking for some nice place to spend my free time.

·
shaman is back
652 Posts
Hi guys !

I have a little request for you :) can anyone post some fotos from Lithuanian coast ? Especially from citys like Nida or Palanga and others smaller tourist city.

I would like to go on holiday at yours part of BALTIC COAST and I'm looking for some nice place to spend my free time.
I just came back after a week in Nida. This is a heavenly place indeed.

So the Baltic seaside near Nida:

Curonian lagoon in Nida at night:

And a bonus pic- dolphins in Sea Museum. Thats also in the Curonian spit some 40 km north from Nida.

·
I Love Ice
2,295 Posts
These pictures are from Palanga - IMHO the most developed resort city in Baltics -
I went there last weekend

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Nida, Juodkrante and other towns in Curonian spit are rather costly (if you're a student) and you have to book your place to stay way in advance. The towns are very pleasent and the nature is breathtaking, but except for the beaches, there is little to do, so if your planning an active holiday, choose Palanga instead. But if you just want to relax, fancy some "deserts" in northern europe and have some spare money, then choose Curonian spit, you definetly wont be disapointed.

Curonian spit:

Juodkrante
Juodkrante
Nida

Palanga, before the summer season

Biggest amber museum in the world, that also hold the biggest single piece of amber, located in Tiskeviciu palace.

·
I Love Ice
2,295 Posts
Yes, I've been in Parnu - it wasn't worse than Palanga
though its a bit more north than Palanga and doesn't get that long season.
Will go
to Kuressaare at the end of the July or may be next weekend:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
^^ so that's why we do have Nida for ;) You can relax and take it easy there :D And yes, the population of Palanga get's 30 times larger in summer (not joking) ;) The population of Palanga is 17627. In summer weekends it get's half a million.

·
***H***
4,181 Posts
I have been in Nida. It is a nice town! :)

·
52,227 Posts
Very nice! What is the average temperature in summer? Looks like a nice holiday place :) I showed some pics to some of my Dutch friends, and no-one ever thought this might be in Lithuania!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts