SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to get you guys into the Deepavali mood, here are Klang’s Little India pictures taken last week. Feel free to post your pictures here as well. :)

Street views in Jalan Tengku Kelana. Very busy...

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
6,752 Posts
wow..thanks! I've always wanted to see Klang's India in pics! It's pretty big and the buildings are pretty interesting! I wish KL's littel india could get some scrub job!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice!! Great pictures of Klangs little india!!

What of KL's little india? Would that be brickfields? Any pictures?

·
12,947 Posts
baqthier said:
wow..thanks! I've always wanted to see Klang's India in pics! It's pretty big and the buildings are pretty interesting! I wish KL's littel india could get some scrub job!

Eh? I brought you pass that place when we went to Klang mah :D

But of course at that time not as lively as now lah :D

·
12,947 Posts
Subangite said:
Nice!! Great pictures of Klangs little india!!

What of KL's little india? Would that be brickfields? Any pictures?

KL had 2 Little Indias. One is the area around Masjid India which is more of a fusion but then again the area next to it is purely Indian and not Indian Muslims which Masjid India is ;)

Brickfields is the closest we could get to the actual Little India. The problem is that Jalan Travers is kinda wide and it separates the place into 2! :(

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
6,752 Posts
szehoong said:
KL had 2 Little Indias. One is the area around Masjid India which is more of a fusion but then again the area next to it is purely Indian and not Indian Muslims which Masjid India is ;)

Brickfields is the closest we could get to the actual Little India. The problem is that Jalan Travers is kinda wide and it separates the place into 2! :(
Indian muslims not pure Indians meh? ;)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
baqthier said:
Indian muslims not pure Indians meh? ;)
They are indians but I guess it depends who you ask. Indian muslims mix almost assimilate into the malay culture.

·
12,947 Posts
Subangite said:
They are indians but I guess it depends who you ask. Indian muslims mix almost assimilate into the malay culture.

Not really.....they still keep to their language, textile and food culture. The main difference is perhaps the religion and other cultural aspects esp when it involves Tamil Gods ;)

Frankly, they are not even half as assimiliated into the Malay culture as the Babas & Nyonyas ;)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Where about is Klang Little India? I know Majid India of course, but this one totally unknown to me. Would love to visit. :)

·
12,947 Posts
^^ It is kinda like very near to Klang's town centre......near to the palace and the Sultan Sulaiman Mosque if not mistaken :D I dunno the location in Klang well off my head but I could only drive there and I'll know the way around once I am there hahaha :lol:

Your next trip to KL....just gimme a buzz and see if we could make a trip to Klang ;) Have you been to Klang? :?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Thanks for your offer and I'm looking forward to a trip there. :)
I belive I was never in Klang, although my gf dragged me here and there so I was confused where I finally was. :dizzy:
Anyway, I should be in KL in less than 2 months from now.:banana:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think Klang virtually is an Indian city..really great pics there!!.. it has the highest percentage of indians in any malaysian city.. just guessing here

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Greg said:
Where about is Klang Little India? I know Majid India of course, but this one totally unknown to me. Would love to visit. :)
People in the Klang Valley have 3 Little Indias to choose from. And if you can’t choose either, it’s good to know that they’re all connected by train. :D

1. Masjid India- Lebuh Ampang (Masjid Jamek LRT)
2. Brickfields (KL Sentral –LRT, KTM Komuter and Monorail)
3. Klang (Klang Station – KTM Komuter)

The little India in Klang is about 5 minutes walk from Klang Station, so it’s quite convenient if you prefer not do drive la. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts