SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
why would you want to have a 7 MP phone? It's just useless. You still make better pics with a DSLR, even with less MP. People always think the more MP the better pics they can make. You won't even notice the difference btween a 5 MP photo or a 7 MP photo if you would print it on a A4 paper (is this standard paper size used globaly? wouldn't be surprised if the US didn't...). And like you want to have your 7 MP phone photo printed A4 size

I would say: buy a phone with less bullshit and spend your money on a good DSRL instead ;)

·
In Urbanity I Trust
16,573 Posts
The PhantoM said:
why would you want to have a 7 MP phone? It's just useless. You still make better pics with a DSLR, even with less MP. People always think the more MP the better pics they can make. You won't even notice the difference btween a 5 MP photo or a 7 MP photo if you would print it on a A4 paper (is this standard paper size used globaly? wouldn't be surprised if the US didn't...). And like you want to have your 7 MP phone photo printed A4 size

I would say: buy a phone with less bullshit and spend your money on a good DSRL instead ;)
And imagine sending a image in a MMS! How would occupy? 3 or 4 mb? :D You will have to pay a lot for the GRPS connection!

·
Formerly InTheLoop
485 Posts
A4 is used everywhere except the US (And perhaps Canada). North America likes it's 8.5x11 inch paper standard for some reason.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
mumbojumbo said:
^^
BUT Korean phones don't work in North America. Unless its one of those "worldwide" phones (does Samsung have one?)
you can when you alter some chips in the phones. they cost some big bucks however :)

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
Damn, thats cool..but is 7mp really neccesary on a phone?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
when a digital camera isn't around, it can be useful.

you were driving by loch ness and you see the monster, but you forgot your camera. then you resort to your phone!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ellatur said:
oh nice! perhaps i will buy a samsung phone from korea
In korea they use CDMA 2000 1x, even if your service provider supports CDMA 2000, i highly doubt you could use it anywhere but korea, i dont think any Korean phones have ESN numbers, which are required for activation on the network.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Genç said:
Damn, thats cool..but is 7mp really neccesary on a phone?
good question, but id imagine its because of the still competiton in Korea, LG is also releasing a 7mp camera phone anytime soon.

But it would be useful to replace poket cameras like Sony P150 which is a compact 7mp camera.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts