Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone like to submit a banner for the 800th anniversary? Can you post your images in here, it can be a composite if you like. No text, just images :)

719 x 123 pixels

·
Registered Abuser
2,834 Posts
It's so hard to decide what to put on the thing aswell. Include football teams/players/managers? The Beatles? The Albert Dock? Only architecture? Shipping is obviously important.

Found these from google when searching for "cunard" and "liverpool overhead railway".

Look how busy the Mersey is on the second drawing, and read what it says!

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Would anyone like to submit a banner for the 800th anniversary? Can you post your images in here, it can be a composite if you like. No text, just images :)

719 x 123 pixels
Here is one i knocked up in about 4 hours....:drool: , a banner that is Bunnyman.....:nuts:

If a few of us knock a banner out each, maybe we can have a vote for our favourite to be our 800th birthday banner.

Bammy...
Not sure if you are going to add the words "800th birthday", so i left it off my banner as you did say no writing.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
I would add that it must include things thaqt will wow people from around the world.. not stuff that we sentimentalise over, but are not really anythng special? That boat, for example, is cool, but people may think that is our maritime highlight if it went on any banner ... bit like putting a nobby boat rather than the Lusetania there to represent our ships!

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
no twiz! I made a general comment, stimulated by Juxt's use of the red pilot boat.. but it was meant as a general comment, not a specific criticism of anybody's work anyway.. especially as I can't even post a pic on here, never mind make a banner and show that off!

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
I can see the banner no problem, sometimes if you right click on the red x/properties/copy and paste the link into the address field/press enter, you can view a posted photo that way.

I made that banner from photos i had taken myself, so no copyright issues, also there is a mirriad of options to be used for any potential banner, old/new/future ideas, but only a few can be displayed.

I personally think current Liverpool scenery and life should be shown, i.e. what anyone viewing the banner would experience if they visited now and in the future, noting that many images will also link back in our history, such as the many great buildings. As for the red boat, well that was my best shot of a large ship in the docks which looked good, i wish i caught the QE2 or something from the Wirral side, but i am willing to supply posted images for someone to include in any banner.

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
bammy when would we need to choose a banner? I could knock one out at home, not rushed at work.

I thought you were knocking one out, a banner that is, come on lets see it, we need a few other people to submit banners also, as we don't want to miss our 800th being highlighted to the whole SSC forum. I don't care what is in there as long as it is about Liverpool. :cheers:

Adman has loads of great shots that could be converted to banner size, so hope he can post a few...:cheers:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts