Skyscraper City Forum banner
721 - 740 of 15214 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, you actually cannot lower the pitch level, because C-values (a measure for the vertical distance between two eye-to-goalline/byline sightlines on the existing stands would be negatively affected. People would just see the back of peoples heads instead of the action :)
That's not completely true actually. Of course, if the pitch was lowered where it presently sits, it would not work. But It depends on where the pitch is moving in regards to which stand (s) and by how far. The fact that they will be rebuilding two stands gives the opportunity to re configure with the values intact.
I'm not saying C values wouldn't alter at all, but it would still be very workable.

·
Registered
652 Posts
That's not completely true actually. Of course, if the pitch was lowered where it presently sits, it would not work. But It depends on where the pitch is moving in regards to which stand (s) and by how far. The fact that they will be rebuilding two stands gives the opportunity to re configure with the values intact.
I'm not saying C values wouldn't alter at all, but it would still be very workable.
Now I understand what you mean :)

So the pitch would need to be lowered and moved away from the Kop and away from the Centenary stand. Yep, that would be workable.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Better image showing where the memorial will be located:

Rather disturbing pic that.. 2 identical twins are having a pee against the wall..
WTF...!!

Anyway, nice location for the Memorial.

On a 2nd pt. The 1st pics that were made public were the Stage D ones from someone's Twitter acct. The roof on that was most reminiscent of the old Kop.The facade needed a little tidying up/clarifying. (It also had suggestions for the Annie Rd extension).

Later (and Stage C) pics seem to have changed the Kop roof. No skylights at the back, less "curve" and more importantly the emergence of a rather cheap looking corrugated steel effect.

Surely they can go back to the OLD KOP not the NEW KOP style with the roof. And with the better detailing on the overhangs and supports below the roof.

Its quality materials and attention to detail that make or break a design.
Surely better cladding and detailing wouldnt break the bank, whilst still blending the additions in with the older parts of teh ground?

I mean something can be "industrial" without being cheap. THink Fort Dunlop vs a B&Q retail shed.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Amazing detail in those images.

Two things I'm wondering about.
1. Why are there no accessible platforms for disabled supporters?
edit. found them at the front of the top tier behind the tv cameras. Very small provision for a stand of that size.

2. If the back few rows of the bottom tier are for corporate hospitality, where is the little wall separating them from the proper fans?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the lower tier of the stand being remodeled? It looks like the tunnel is at the half way line and the engraved are different to the current stand...
Yes I think the lower tier is being remodeled slightly, I don't believe the tunnel will be moved but it will be widened and it looks like the dugouts will be moved to the half way line.

Reactions: Immunda Leodis

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anfield Stadium Expansion beyond 60,000

Quick questions - please answer back

1). What is the potential maximum expansion available for the capacity to after taking into expanding all four corners as well as expanding the Kop Stand?

Can 80,000 be reached? What is the maximum available? Please advise...

Personally would prefer Liverpool to expand and make the stadium big as possible just like the Santiago Bernabeu....

·
Erin go bragh
532 Posts
Quick questions - please answer back

1). What is the potential maximum expansion available for the capacity to after taking into expanding all four corners as well as expanding the Kop Stand?

Can 80,000 be reached? What is the maximum available? Please advise...

Personally would prefer Liverpool to expand and make the stadium big as possible just like the Santiago Bernabeu....
As of right now 60k is the max due to constraints on transport. To go beyond they may need to build a train line costing 10's of millions which is not feasible right now. I imagine the cost per seat of such a task would be enormous.

Don't take my word on this though as I have not heard it from any official sources, I assume these questions wil lbe answered eventually. Someone else here might have more knowledge on the transport problems.

·
Erin go bragh
532 Posts
Eeryone should read this http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/04/anfield-expansion-key-questions-answered/

Will Anfield Road (the road itself) be closed off – and if so, when?

Yes. This is planned to happen during phase two (the redevelopment of the Anfield Road End) but may happen earlier. It will stop between Alroy Road (which will become a one-way street in the opposite direction to currently) and Skerries Road, as shown on the image below:

Where will the Shankly Gates and Paisley Gates be located within the new open design?

The new design for Anfield and the surrounding area will see the removal of the boundary walls and fencing around the stadium, particularly outside The Kop and the new fan park area on the Main Stand / Kop corner. The gates are provisionally marked for being moved to the Anfield Road / Centenary Stand corner where they would be located beside each other.

Where will the coach access the stadium?

Here:

What are the capacities of the individual tiers of the new Main Stand?

Note: These are approximate only:
Bottom tier: 9,300 – Middle tier: 3,100 – Top tier: 7,900

What proportion of those seats will be general admission and how many will be given to new season ticket holders?

The whole of the upper tier will be general admission and parts of the bottom tier. The majority of those seats will be given to season ticket holders.

All the seats in the expanded Anfield Road Stand will be general admission.

Will current season ticket holders be able to keep their (roughly) current seat?

This is not something that has been planned or discussed as yet.

How many further disabled spaces will be generated?

Phase One: 70 – Phase Two: 50

Where will the tunnel be located?

The tunnel will remain in the same location but be much wider (3m). The steps up the tunnel will be removed but a slight slope will remain in order for the ‘This Is Anfield’ sign to remain a prominent feature.

Will new floodlights be installed and thus improved?

Yes. Premier League regulations mean that all stadiums now have new requirements to meet but Liverpool will delay theirs being upgraded until the Main Stand is complete (stadium wide).

Will the away fans remain in the same place after phase two?

No, they will switch to the opposite corner of the Anfield Road End, closer to the entrances for away supporters coaches on Arkles Lane.

***Why aren’t the corners of the ground being ‘filled in’?***

The stanchions that support The Kop stand (see image below) make this extremely difficult and would obviously require extensive remodelling of The Kop too (presumably at great cost for little gain).

These supports make the stands cantilever – therefore no pillars internally – and a similar one will be housed in each corner to support the new Main Stand.

Will the TV camera position change?

No. The main TV position will be in almost the exact same place as currently (the roof of current Main Stand will be the same height as the middle tier of new stand where camera will be located).

Will operations within Anfield (media areas etc) be disrupted during development?

No. The aim is to ensure no disruption during development.

Further images of interest:

Close up of the fan park area immediately outside the new Main Stand:

Overview of the transport plans for the surrounding area:

·
21,070 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Will the TV camera position change?

No. The main TV position will be in almost the exact same place as currently (the roof of current Main Stand will be the same height as the middle tier of new stand where camera will be located).
Great. I hate it when they change the TV position. All of a sudden the stadium does not feel familiar anymore. Happenend in the Europa League home fixtures of Tottenham this season. For UEFA reasons ("we make a law for everything") the angle had to be changed and White Hart Lane looked like a completely different place.

721 - 740 of 15214 Posts