SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let the Jam decide
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Room With A View©

Here we have a direct invitation to downtowners to take part in a fascinating art project.

Do you live in Liverpool and would like to be part of a new art exhibition?

I am doing an exhibition which will show the views out of peoples homes in Liverpool to represent a view of Liverpool today, in the here and now socially and physically. As we all know Liverpool is going through massive changes at the moment, some good some not so good.

What's the view from YOUR window? Take part in this fascinating art project

A big city such as Liverpool isn't just museums and designer clothes, shops and bars, but also about you and me and where we live. What do you see when you look out of your bedroom or living room window in the morning?, you may see Birkenhead from the 15th floor in Beetham Tower or Mrs Jones eating here fried breakfast across the road in Toxteth.

What ever the view, what ever the area if you are interested please contact me for more details. The only conditions are you must live in Liverpool and live in a house, a flat, and especially, a downtown apartment!

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Fantastic idea Dreamer. Are you thinking about following on and having a real exhibition of the best as well as a virtual one? (just thinking about resolution of originals)

Good luck... let's see who has the best view amomgst SSC forumers for a start?

·
Let the Jam decide
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The idea is to have both online and real exhibition people of the streets downtown can come in and have a look. It doesnt matter what you see out of your window, I want it!. If you want to submit a piccie please email it to me on [email protected], the higher quality the picture the better as some will be blown up to full window size. Dead plants, books ugly figurines anything is fine, if its on your window great.
Pass the word on as I want this to be as big as possible. Who knows the exhibition may become really big and I want loads of my fellow citizens to get involved.

·
Let the Jam decide
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Gareth, the view doesnt matter as long as its from one of your windows and you are happy for it to be in an exhibition, personal details would NOT be shown only the part of Liverpool. If it could be taken slightly back so it would show whats on your window ledge aswell, that would be great.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Let the Jam decide
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wormella you are a star, great pics and I hav taken some to use. You have some great views from your flat, do you eat those peppers?

·
Registered
198 Posts
yeah - well, it's the first veg we've ever grown together. I only reaslised one had ripened to red when I took the pictures.

We've another wondow sill full of herbs and chillis. we do all we can in a very small space.

Glad they could be of use.

·
Let the Jam decide
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great, more people should grow stuff I say. Can you send my your details on a private message, such as area and email. You do not need to give your full address or name.
Ta luv

1 - 13 of 13 Posts