SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
8,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread for this. If they are aiming for 2025 up and running, then we should see more frequent updates on this going forward.

Vote on a name:

Encouraging to see LCC claim this is aiming to be open by 2025. They need to get a move on then!

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
They have got to put in more than one lift (rail stations lifts have a nasty habit of being u/s) and maybe escalators. It will be nigh on impossible without those for people who are not mobile or in wheelchairs et al.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Pretty boring design and in a few years time it will be a low rise amongst much taller buildings and look out of place. No one would build a single storey shop of that size there

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pretty boring design and in a few years time it will be a low rise amongst much taller buildings and look out of place. No one would build a single storey shop of that size there

View attachment 2661227
It's symbolic of the local authorities here, it would be a great opportunity to build some much needed office/studio/creative/retail/leisure space above to help in the Baltic's expansion.
It could have been a really interesting building something to single out the area and it's aims.
I remember signing a petition for this when we were at the CUC and WO many years ago, I wonder if LCR actually consulted with the Baltic Creative on this instead of the usual lip service?
Then again we are becoming use to disappointment here time and again.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
It's symbolic of the local authorities here, it would be a great opportunity to build some much needed office/studio/creative/retail/leisure space above to help in the Baltic's expansion.
It could have been a really interesting building something to single out the area and it's aims.
I remember signing a petition for this when we were at the CUC and WO many years ago, I wonder if LCR actually consulted with the Baltic Creative on this instead of the usual lip service?
Then again we are becoming use to disappointment here time and again.
They will have consulted with the local chattering class.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Isnt there potentially a station nearer Chinatown in one of the disused rail tunnels?
If they have no plans to build a station for Chinatown, I'd rather have seen an underground station with travelators in both directions to the Baltic Triangle and Chinatown. Could have been built in front of the Cathedral. 3 exits; Chinatown, Cathedral and Baltic.

·
Just something
9,989 Posts

View attachment 2660241

View attachment 2660250

View attachment 2660245

View attachment 2660246

View attachment 2660247

View attachment 2660252

Vote on a name:

Encouraging to see LCC claim this is aiming to be open by 2025. They need to get a move on then!
Why didn't the fly through depict the new trains? That's an own goal imo. 🤔 I like the proposed station though + the cafe + cycle area. 🤗

·
Just something
9,989 Posts
People are complaining already. Incredible.

🤣🤣
In so far as that plan better, rather than the minimum... Look like we mean it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I did see that. Whose bright idea was that?
I wonder if that's what the official name for ticketing purposes will be but it will be just known as and the signage will show 'Baltic/Riverside/Parliament Street'. A bit like how 'Moreton' is 'Moreton Mersey' on tickets to distinguish it from Moretons elsewhere.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good and opening in the next three years is great news. But like others have said, it does seem like a massive wasted opportunity to not build offices for rent above the station building. The rental revenue would be a nice little earner for Merseytravel.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts