Votes: 6 22.2%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd Design for this site, tallist is 25 floors (80 metres) in height, with the lower tower coming in at 20 floors.

What does everything think? Up to you if you want to compare it to the previous plans.
(thanks to Bammy for the render)

·
Just something
9,056 Posts
Not nearly good enough 3/10.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I like the way that it opens up an unsused part of the city and improves movement between Bold and Renshaw (is it Renshaw street? the one Lime street goes into), but those towers are terrible, the missing bits are ghasty attempt at being wacky, and the cladding looks like the Unity buildings.

Which is not meant as a compliment.

And they're too stumpy, a very poor man's Manchester's Beecham tower.

3/10

And that's ignoring the previous plans.

(Maybe we should wait for more plans/renders before voting, but where would be the fun in that?)

G

·
Stephen do you not think the lay out so far looks a bit like the Martineau Galleries scheme in Birmingham?

There seems to be 1 tall tower with a middle 50m block with another smaller tower located at the end :dunno:

Either way I would've prefered the 38 storey option, but Liverpool has the best chance out of any UK city other then London to have a world class skyline. I just wish the council would notice it.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I though that as well, but that's 110 meters tall, with a nice slopping roof, possibly, it would also be part of built up area, unlike this one which sorta stand alone.

pict of Birmingham one for those of you who don't know what we're talking about:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Huge disappointment. The original scheme was excellent but it's not just the loss of height that bothers me it is the uninspiring, cheap looking new design. I expected a compromise version of the original design, not this rubbish. If this new scheme is built it will be a massive opportunity lost due to EH's personal distaste for tall buildings and a weak city council.

3/10

1 - 14 of 14 Posts