1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boys From The Blackstuff
Scully
Received them today.
Cracking DVDs for a flavor of early 1980s Liverpool.
The Blackstuff was the original 3 BBC DVD.

"Scully" appears to be the whole series, pirate video taped and burnt on DVD

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,677 Posts
Going off big time and Shooters are two very good Liverpool gangster/scally DVD's that are worth seeing if your interested in that sort of thing. :)

·
366 Posts
scouserdave said:
Boys From The Blackstuff
Scully
Received them today.
Cracking DVDs for a flavor of early 1980s Liverpool.
The Blackstuff was the original 3 BBC DVD.

"Scully" appears to be the whole series, pirate video taped and burnt on DVD
Two excellent series. :cheers:

I was pricing up The Boys from the Blackstuff series. It was priced £40 - £50. I'll wait a bit and see if it drops in price.

Didn't realise Scully had been put on to video. I'll have to keep a look out.

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Gazzab said:
Two excellent series. :cheers:

I was pricing up The Boys from the Blackstuff series. It was priced £40 - £50. I'll wait a bit and see if it drops in price.

Didn't realise Scully had been put on to video. I'll have to keep a look out.
Check this link out, very good place to buy DVD's very reliable

Boys from the blackstuff £10.99 dvd

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Gazzab said:
I have a copy, almost new, of the full series on VHS and it is in the PAL format. I will check out the shipping cost from Canada, (shouldn't be much as I get a 75% discount from FedEx) and sell it for US$20.00 + shipping, for anyone who is interested. I also have it on DVD formatted for region 1. I also have on VHS, NTSC and DVD region 1, the movies "The Long Day Closes" and "Business as Usual". Both are filmed in Liverpool with Liverpool themes.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Dave's site is down today, I hope everything is okay. That is my favourite website, apart from the Venetian webcam ones, well it's equal favourite.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Paul D said:
Going off big time and Shooters are two very good Liverpool gangster/scally DVD's that are worth seeing if your interested in that sort of thing. :)
Paul, I rented Shooters a while back. Excellent. Looked more like a documentary in the life of a Scouse Gangster. Except these lads weren't actors and never played to the gallery to show how hard they were (even though a few who shall remain nameless are very naughty boys at times). Quite enjoyed the scrap just off Breck Road, mainly for the Everton Water Tower back drop :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts