Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Est. 2005
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Culturally and politically Liverpool is an island. Liverpool City Region would make a great city state. Open to the world with the freedom to follow its only political route in the world.

While that would be amazing, I'd quite like a Liverpool Free State passport, I am an advocate of further devolution similar to the Bremen (State). Liverpool does and is different from the country, this political separation would allow us to devalue to currency and pursue our own political priorities, state ownership of Merseyrail for example.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Dream on ....like those “we’re Scouse not English Liverpool fans “ that are currently making. a fool of themselves on social media . I am English of Irish descent and I want the England football team to win the World Cup. But I am definitely open to more devolution. Seriously there’s a minority who dominate social media who are determined to portray Liverpool as different to the rest of the Uk . A colleague from out of town made a comment to the effect that Scousers won’t be watching the Royal wedding because they’re all republicans . You know what most of them were tuned in talking about the dress and those who didn’t weren’t bothered just like the rest of the country.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
By the way how is Liverpool politically an island ......the whole of the northwest apart from half a dozen seats is now Labour .Manchester is far more a red town than Liverpool which until recently was run by the Lib Dem’s and had Tory MPs until the early 70s. It’s main difference used to be the hangover from sectarian politics with the Protestant party having various councillors in Everton until the mid 70s and obviously an Irish Republican MP in Scotland Road in the 1930s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts