SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
This is not spam. I hope you enjoy it thanks (y)
Pretty good. Nice photography. You might want to correct a couple of pronunciation mistakes - The Liver Building is not pronounced as the organ in our body - liver - you say it like you were going to a 'live concert' - Lie-ver. The subtitles actually said the Diver Building at one point.

Also, when talking about Liverpool FC - they won the UEFA Cup - not the 'Reef' Cup - pronounced - 'You-ay-fa'

Good effort though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Shows it’s all about opinions. I thought the commentary wasn’t too bad and reminded me of some things I had forgot 😁

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Walton instead of Woolton, the 'facts' around football left a lot to be desired et al.

·
Registered
371 Posts
To be fair about Woolton and Walton, I’ve heard Childwall, Huyton and Kirkby wrongly pronounced on Radio 2 numerous times. Shame if they have got their facts wrong as they can usually be checked quite easily before publishing.

However, bottom line is I enjoyed the video (even with the errors)😁

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Shame if they have got their facts wrong as they can usually be checked quite easily before publishing.
According to that the Big Red have won the FA Cup a record 9 times, apparently Arsenal have won it 14 times.

·
Registered
202 Posts
According to that the Big Red have won the FA Cup a record 9 times, apparently Arsenal have won it 14 times.
Yeah, you're spot on there.

It's only the European Cup/Champions League (6), Super Cup (4) and UEFA Cup (3) and Club World Cup (1 joint with Man U) that Liverpool have the British record for and the League Cup (8) domestically.

·
Liverpool, England.
12,496 Posts
I thought this was really good. A few quibbles about the commentary but that is to be expected for someone who is not a native of the city. Some pronunciation errors - the main one for me being River Mersee instead of Merzee. All in all though a very good effort.

I've never been to either John Lennon or Paul McCartneys houses but I was impressed that the restoration included the old 'H' TV aerial that was ubiquitous in the 50s and 60s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts