SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Administrator
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, followinmg all the recent crap and fallings out and whatnot i want to finally get around to appointing someone as a mod for this local forum. suggestions please - i already have someone in mind but it would be nice if they could be mentioned of their accord so i know im thinking the right way with you guys. other suggestions naturally, are welcome too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i think martin s is the right man for the job, afterall he's the guy thats alreadyy taken on the responsibilty to maintain constant updates of the development summary for liverpool. and always keeps discussions above board in effort to avoid the petty squabbles that have taken place on here recently

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
All sound good to me. Great news that there is to be a Liverpool mod.

Gareth: advantage of having good sense of humour, being young and might be good at diffusing situations with the youngsters when they get rowdy - also he doesnt seem to use secondary IDs or get involved in any of the nonsense, and he keeps on good terms with the more mature Mancunian visitors. Might, however, take a bit of time to find a good way of dealing with the oldies when they get rowdy (or might not, he might just brig us all, daily, on a rota system). If he's still prepared to do it, the obvious = first choice in my opinion, along with....

Doug: advantage of seeming to be prepared to devote a lot of effort to the place, and also having broad interests - not just skyscrapers, but the wider urban and social and historical context that helps make sense of new proposals and developments. A very steady easy going manner, I bet he'd just nip trouble in the bud. Doesn't seem to get involved in secondary IDs or any of the nonsense.

Lots of others though who could do a great job, if they wanted to do it:

Kev - has the experience from his own site, and seems good at getting on with people and always makes an effort. Doesn't get involved in bitching or nonsense. I reckon he'd be great at it.

Toadboy - if he had the time and wanted to do it.

Woody - ditto

Bunnyman - ditto (he doesnt seem to be posting at the moment)

Martin - strong on administration, updates, housekeeping type stuff, and factual and engineering related matters. Didn't he feel he was too busy last time?

Juxtapol - one of the quieter forumers, but might be very effective. Like Martin, a good deal of substantive knowledge, and doesn't get involved in spats. Has been very good with a certain naughty forumer recently, diplomatic and effective.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Gareth and Martin S seem to tick all the right boxes.

Both mature enough whilst still being able to engage in a bit of banter and they're both on the forum regularly enough to keep things in order. It just depends on whether they'd want to do it or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
maggie said:
i think martin s is the right man for the job, afterall he's the guy thats alreadyy taken on the responsibilty to maintain constant updates of the development summary for liverpool. and always keeps discussions above board in effort to avoid the petty squabbles that have taken place on here recently
;)

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
maggie said:
I disagree.

·
Just something
8,872 Posts
John-MK said:
I disagree.
Congratulations on reaching your 666th post John-MK. :runaway:

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,687 Posts
Gareth for me but I do think Kev would do an excellent job but I think his forum is more than enough for him to handle. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
are we limited to one moderator, or could we have a couple from the names mentioned - could provide a bit of support for each other if there's any hassle?

·
Registered
745 Posts
well there are other mods in the uk that watch over the forums aswell, gothic and wjfoxx are usually somewhere in the background keeping an eye on things

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
I am quite disapointed that nobody has seen fit to suggestme, the very soul of tact and objectivity!

:horse: :horse: :crazy2:

·
Just something
8,872 Posts
Tony Sebo said:
I am quite disapointed that nobody has seen fit to suggestme, the very soul of tact and objectivity!

:horse: :horse: :crazy2:
That wouldn`t be fair Tony knowing how busy you are with `Downtown` :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
actually his involvement with downtown makes him an ideal candidate.. somebody that gets involved and really looks into the environmental changes that developments bring would be great as a mod

1 - 20 of 149 Posts