SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the steps on either side of the museum will be finished? I know they were at the centre of a legal dispute but that was resolved last year.
Also, the docks by the 'Dazzle ship' & the Lusitania propeller have been fenced off for years. Will they ever be accessible?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Stanley good questions.

I walked past the Museum last night and the area the bottom of the steps was gathering rubbish etc. They really need to sort it out.

Maybe someone should e-mail NML to see what is going on?!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Reply below:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry regarding the Museum of Liverpool.

The works to complete the external structure have been the subject of much debate and NML has been involved in a dispute with the architects in this matter. Now that has been resolved, the work will be completed once detailed designs are prepared and a procurement process is undertaken. It’s likely that the physical works will take place in early 2015.

The works to the quaysides are part of a large project which will potentially see bridges constructed across the canal, docks and the Canning Half Tide dock to link Mann Island and the Albert Dock with the museum site. The timescale for this project is dependant upon funding being made available and discussions are currently ongoing at the moment. However in the meantime part of the central quayside has recently been opened to the public as part of the Biennial celebrations, to allow access to the Dazzle Ship project.

I trust this answers your enquiry and thank you for your interest in the museum.

·
Fugly
11,232 Posts
Great work Ste.

Still, they neglect to mention when they're sending a bloke with a brush and shovel out to clean the crap up. Maybe the budget doesn't stretch to that either?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
No it doesn't. But the response was really quick so I'm hopeful that they know what they're doing with the steps now.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Great to know it's happening, but feels like a hollow victory in some ways - 4 years since opening before they are working !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts