SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,567 Posts
Taken off a forum.

By keeping it general and omitting specifics, I can post this genuine information on here. Someone I know and trust, who has nothing whatsoever to do with Everton, has seen a range of stadium design models for our new ground. This was about 6+ weeks ago. I'm sorry I can't tell you who he is, or in what capacity he was there, or where the models are. The models are in a secure environment at an office of a Moshiri company.

But I have provided more detailed information to ***** because I know that the confidentiality will be maintained and it will enable him to build up a bigger jigsaw of corroborated information coming from elsewhere.

I was told that the stadium models were futuristic and stunning and the people there said that Moshiri's aim was to make an indelible mark of his personality upon the club's future. One of the visiting group tried to take a photo on their phone and got the full finger wagging and smacked wrist routine.

·
18,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Sounds like Meis architects are the people designing the new Everton stadium:

“I didn’t really intend to go into sports architecture,” said Young, a principal and lead designer at Meis Architects. “But once you have an expertise in it, I guess it behooves you to make use of it. I realized that’s what I wanted to keep doing.”

For the past nine years, she’s worked with Dan Meis at various firms, including now at Meis Architects, a small, independent firm. She’s currently designing two European soccer stadiums (for AS Roma and for Everton FC), plus renovations at Staples Center and Paul Brown Stadium.
www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/09/12/Game-Changers/Xan-Young.aspx

Link to the stadiums Meis architects have designed:

http://www.meisstudio.com/stadia/

·
18,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Previous Walton Hall Park design by IDOM:

The programme for the stadium, with a capacity for 50,000 spectators, includes stands for 17,000 local fans (Home End), 4,000 premium seats, 4,000 seats for parents and children in the Family zone near the pitch, a vibrant Fan Zone and the Club’s community action body offices: Everton–in-the-Community as a built-in part of the maximum level services offered at the Stadium.
http://www.idom.com/en/project/everton-football-club/

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,567 Posts
Moshiri on Talksport.

“I think with the stadium, I think the fans must know we’ve done the hard bit. The club are restricted to expand Goodison. We paid the debt, we’re free to do what we want and we have the finances to do it. I went to Liverpool a few weeks ago with Bill. We visited all the sites with the mayor – in our mind, we know where to go. We are committed. I can reassure the fans that we will have a stadium that rewards loyalty. This is my key aim”

·
18,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,567 Posts
I think the journalist is guessing based on probability to be honest, I also think a 2017 is far too optimistic, It'll be 2018 at the earliest in my opinion if it is indeed the docks, there'll be heritage and transport issues to resolve before we get the go ahead.

·
Fugly
11,012 Posts
The article is ill-informed, sentimental crap anyway. Goodison has barely been touched since 1892?! The oldest part of the ground, the bone structure of the Bullens, dates from around 1928, and even that has seen plenty of upgrade work over the years (roof, concourses, cladding, seating). Alright, it's looking dated compared to modern stadia, but it's still doing its job.

·
18,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Everton Takes First Step Towards New Stadium

Everton and Liverpool City Council are set to agree the principles of an innovative finance model that will support the Club’s ambition to build an iconic waterfront stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

Earlier this week, Everton and Peel agreed Heads of Terms to acquire a site at Bramley Moore Dock - which forms part of a £5bn Liverpool Waters scheme - from Peel Holdings, subject to planning consent. The announcement follows detailed negotiations between Peel and Everton Football Club, brokered by the Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson.

A report will be presented to the council’s cabinet next Friday (31 March) recommending that the City Council progress Heads of Terms to create a new Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) company which will take a lease of the stadium from a funder and, in turn, sub-lease it to the Club.

The recommendation being presented to the council’s cabinet follows months of talks between the Club and the local authority and following advice from independent financial and legal experts who have reviewed Everton’s “robust business case”.

Under the proposed finance structure of the SPV the council will not provide any finance for the new stadium, which is anticipated to cost in excess of £300m and will be fully funded by the Club.
www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/03/23/everton-take-first-step-towards-new-stadium

Everton new stadium - Blues vow to consult fans on design and capacity

Everton have stressed that the announcement only represents the first step but that planning permission - hoping to be secured in early 2018 - would be “significant”.

The Blues have vowed to keep fans up-to-date with all major developments and say that supporter feedback is vital as they look to decide on the stadium’s capacity and look.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-stadium-blues-vow-consult-12787491

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,567 Posts
Liverpool Council cabinet have today approved the plan to set up a SPV company to support Everton's new stadium on the Bramley-Moore dock.

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
New Everton Stadium May Cost Liverpool its UNESCO Listing

It now turns out that the development of Everton FC's new stadium at the Bramley-Moore Dock site may be too much for Liverpool's fragile UNESCO World Heritage Listing.

Upon the new stadium's development,only its gates and retaining walls will most likely be retained. However, the entire dock itself and the wider Liverpool port landscape are part of the UNESCO World Heritage List. It was ranked in danger of being dropped from the list back in 2012 due to heavy changes in Liverpool's waterfront. It is reported that UNESCO were never informed of the plans to build the new stadium at the dock, but the organisation stated that it would scrutinise those plans.

Currently, the Bramley-Moore dock site is privately-owned by Peel, and it is bound to be redeveloped anyway, because if it is left untouched, it would only date further, and serve no purpose to the public.

Source: The Independent.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts