SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really disappointing interior, Everton fans must be pretty underwhelmed by it.

Not from what I’ve seen and read on various fan forums, to be honest.

A lot of fans think the capacity is on the small side but there was always going to have to be a compromise between having a truly iconic location on a constrained site and having the 60k plus capacity we wanted.

Exterior is, IMO, a fantastic blend of old and new materials with a firm nod to the past via the latticework pattern. The interior is also, IMO, really good as it isn’t the wavy bowl we see at so many new stadia. The bowl shape will also be instantly recognizable as BMD, even when hosting other events such as concerts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't get why they need to infill the dock seeing as only the pitch will be above it, I would have thought it could be a useful coach or car parking space and other services built into it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not from what I’ve seen and read on various fan forums, to be honest.

A lot of fans think the capacity is on the small side but there was always going to have to be a compromise between having a truly iconic location on a constrained site and having the 60k plus capacity we wanted.

Exterior is, IMO, a fantastic blend of old and new materials with a firm nod to the past via the latticework pattern. The interior is also, IMO, really good as it isn’t the wavy bowl we see at so many new stadia. The bowl shape will also be instantly recognizable as BMD, even when hosting other events such as concerts.
Pretty standard bowl, disappointing given that's the one thing they said they were trying to avoid.

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,567 Posts
Pretty standard bowl, disappointing given that's the one thing they said they were trying to avoid.
It only seems to be bothering fans of other clubs, the vast majority of fans are loving what they see. The capacity is one gripe but it's restricted by the area it's in, but other than that, the general consensus with the fans is they're well happy. And after all, they'll be the ones that are using it.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
I’d love it if it doubled as a cricket ground. Imagine the swing with the wind of off the Mersey, unplayable.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts