Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool

I was looking at this earlier today and I think some efforts need to be made to spruce it up.

A glance at the main article on Liverpool shows an out of date skyline with no Beetham or West Tower and a depressing old shot of the Superlambbanana next to cheap construction hoardings.

No Catholic cathedral, no Bling Building, no St. Nicholas church, no School of Tropical Medicine, no Albert Dock or the Tate, no St Georges Hall, no Walker Art Gallery, no World Museum etc etc etc :eek:hno:

There are plenty of people here that have taken great snapshots of Liverpool and everything it has to offer. It would be good if some of the best shots were put onto the Wiki page, I bet thousands of people see it every day.

What do you think?

·
Just something
9,070 Posts
Wiki can be updated can`t it......a job for 21st maybe and the photoclub?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiki can be updated can`t it......a job for 21st maybe and the photoclub?
Yes, it can be updated.

I was hoping people would post their photos of the landmarks I mentioned so that I could put them onto the Liverpool page. So far, the response has been poor though :eek:hno:

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
The Liverpool article is in need of a lot more than just photos. It needs references and a good cutting down in size. The sections need to be cut down and moved to their own articles.

And I am a well respected Wikipedian :crazy:. I am! I set up the West Midlands WikiProject :bowtie:.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Liverpool article is in need of a lot more than just photos. It needs references and a good cutting down in size. The sections need to be cut down and moved to their own articles.

And I am a well respected Wikipedian :crazy:. I am! I set up the West Midlands WikiProject :bowtie:.
Yeah, it needs other work but in the short term I'd like it to at least look good :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
There are quite a few errors in wikipedia.
One that stood out immediately was this below.

During World War II there were 80 air-raids on Merseyside, killing 2500 people and causing damage to almost half the homes in the metropolitan area.

Not sure of the exact figure but i think it was almost double this,certainly over 4000.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
There are quite a few errors in wikipedia.
One that stood out immediately was this below.

During World War II there were 80 air-raids on Merseyside, killing 2500 people and causing damage to almost half the homes in the metropolitan area.

Not sure of the exact figure but i think it was almost double this,certainly over 4000.
Correct Kung.4,000 for Merseyside,the 2,500 is Liverpool including Bootle.Wikipedia is a far from reliable source of info.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts

·
3,362 Posts
Eyeam, great thread I would be happy to submit my pics to update Wiki but I think we need a "Liverpool Wiki co-ordinator" similar to the Erebus.

Some local input to iron out the errors and update the info would be great, would you be interested in that role??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts