SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some of the banners on SSC are quite frankly, fucking awful. Todays one being a case in point. A couple of sheds and the arse end of an airplane! Hardly an impression of Suriname. What's the criteria for having a SSC banner? Does anyone know?
Post your Liverpool banners and let's see if we can do a better job :cheers:
709 x 79 pixels please

·
Just something
8,884 Posts
scouserdave said:

Some of the banners on SSC are quite frankly, fucking awful. Todays one being a case in point. A couple of sheds and the arse end of an airplane! Hardly an impression of Suriname. What's the criteria for having a SSC banner? Does anyone know?
Post your Liverpool banners and let's see if we can do a better job :cheers:
709 x 79 pixels please
Totally agree Dave,

Some (most) banners have been totally under whelming and without any spite or venhom `Manchesters` showing a few `pods` from its wheel and a tiny sliver of what I think might have been the `Orbis` building wasn`t exactly spectacular - intersting in a fairground type of way but not spectacular - Liverpool can do much better.....

:cheers:

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,689 Posts
Whatever happened to the old thread that had a load of Liverpool banners in it,did we lose it when this site was hacked? Could we possibly get them back up they were great. :)

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
Who decides what the banners should be? Some of them are absolutely shite. Today's is just annoying me. What will it be next?... Delivery doorway to rear of B&Q, Widnes?
I also hate those ones where they have forummers faces on them. Why do I need to know what people look like?

Dave,

That top one has to be one of the best I've ever seen. The bottom one is excellent too.

·
Just something
8,884 Posts
Oh yes please - every one `Sublime`.......... both old and new.

·
Just something
8,884 Posts
Liverpool8 said:
Numbers 2, 3 & 4 for me.
Yes, I like them as well - very very very `atmospheric`......

The `Liverpool on the Cobbles` is fantastic........

What a pity the banner can`t turn over like the number plates on James Bonds `Austin Martin`...... :)

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't start this thread to judge my pics, although I'm grateful :cheers:

Have a mess around with your own pics and post them. It ain't a fucking beauty contest. Just post your own 709 x 79 pixel images of Liverpool.

The more we post, the more will be shown.

Actually, that last statement is bollocks. I haven't a clue how they're chosen :)

·
Registered
16,977 Posts
3 is great (well they all are) it's the sort of view and aspect that many people still don't associate with Liverpool, I'd put it up as a banner is I had the power and launch a thread asking people to guess the location.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Steve C said:
I like the heritage shot of number 3. Sorry Tony!
I love our heritage buildings, I just don't think that we can replicate them without them looking wanky.... and of course, the principle that each building should be of it's time.... Number three is lovely!

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
TUT TUT What out of date crap........

Blabbernsmoke said:
That top one has to be one of the best I've ever seen. The bottom one is excellent too.
Rubbish, well past its sell by date, Unity is only half built and it shows a f***ing long landing stage, we dont` have that any more. :nono: :bleep:

PS love 2 & 6, both superb :applause:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Dave, that last one is great. I bet if it was put up without a city people would be guessing it's Paris or Prague or somewhere like that. We have some cracking architecture :)

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Blabbernsmoke said:
Who decides what the banners should be? Some of them are absolutely shite. Today's is just annoying me. What will it be next?... Delivery doorway to rear of B&Q, Widnes?
Funny you should mention that, I've got some great pictures of some new industrial stylee building that they've just built, but I've not taken transfered them to photobucket, but will this do?

Might be alright when they finnished it.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts