1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts

·
I caught a falling star
2,325 Posts

Matthew Street
Is there any good reason why we have to continually keep repeating the same old money-wasting excercise in re-paving, areas at great expense, when, in a matter of days, some utilities company comes along and fuggs it up?

I wonder if, and when this paving will be restored, and for how long it, and the rest of the paving areas will remain restored?

Could not the utilities company(if it is they who are responsible for the above tarmacing) have seen to the works befor the paving went down?

I don't suppose they'll pay for the work need to restore the pavement either, rather the council-tax payer.

Same old.

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any good reason why we have to continually keep repeating the same old money-wasting excercise in re-paving, areas at great expense, when, in a matter of days, some utilities company comes along and fuggs it up?

I wonder if, and when this paving will be restored, and for how long it, and the rest of the paving areas will remain restored?

Could not the utilities company(if it is they who are responsible for the above tarmacing) have seen to the works befor the paving went down?

I don't suppose they'll pay for the work need to restore the pavement either, rather the council-tax payer.

Same old.
I agree 110%. I don't think the 'law' says that you have to make good as per the original spec unfortunately. But it should.

·
Liverpool
927 Posts
I agree 110%. I don't think the 'law' says that you have to make good as per the original spec unfortunately. But it should.
RASWA, Roads & Street Works Act covers this, i can't understand why the council don't enforce it. It's been discussed before and i think the problem was manpower, a poor excuse in my opinion, either way i think it gives the utility company's upto 12 months to make a permanent repair.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I read recently that the council is to employ two inspectors to monitor city centre roadworks and inforce reinstatement.

(Which seems overkill to me - in that we have to pay for more staff to get people to do what they should be doing anywhere.)

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
I read recently that the council is to employ two inspectors to monitor city centre roadworks and inforce reinstatement.

(Which seems overkill to me - in that we have to pay for more staff to get people to do what they should be doing anywhere.)
Probably. But those who dig up the streets have shown time and time again that when left to their own devices will throw a bit of tarmac down and walk off, so I actually support the council on this one, and don't mind paying for it.

·
Liverpool
927 Posts
That annoys me also, i saw another ulility company van next to newly vandalised paving, can't remember where.

Is it pointless taking photos and then informing the council whenever we see utility and works, in new paving areas...!
I wouldn't say it would be pointless, it might give the council that kick up the arse it needs, this council seems very reactive to me when i would prefer it to be proactive.

Mandycore - you are right, they have employed a couple of inspectors, unfortunately it can take some time to get the permanent reinstatement done. :)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
The Wirral Webcam is now showing the "Clippers" sailing down the Mersey, under power. Oops! sorry, under reefed canvas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts