SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hail Moyes!
Hail Rafa!

We have the waterfront. We have the bands. We have the history. We have the culture. We have the architecture. Most of all, we have the people :cheers:

Post your good news stories here

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my contribution.
In the Beehive pub with Sebo. Moved to another table for some scran. Realised 30 minutes later that I left my camera where we previuosly sat. Camera gone, shitting myself. A voice shouts "Looking for a camera?" from behind the bar. Handed in from a member of the public :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Fugly
11,292 Posts
Left Jubilee pub in Litherland with Dave. Asked him where his camera was. Dave promptly shat himself then realised it was around his back. How I laughed.... :cheers:

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bunnyman said:
Left Jubilee pub in Litherland with Dave. Asked him where his camera was. Dave promptly shat himself then realised it was around his back. How I laughed.... :cheers:
**** :) :bash: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Pete Price.......

Did anyone see him on the ITV News report a few minutes ago about Liverpool's game tonight?
Well, he has certainly jumped on the bandwagon cos every night on his phone in, he rants about how much he hates football and cuts off any Everton, Liverpool and Tranmere supporters who phone in.
I cant believe I used to like the guy... :no:

·
Fugly
11,292 Posts
News Gareth. Accy will be coming down this Friday for pics and ale. You bring the concrete wellies, I'll bring the rope! :cheers:

·
Fugly
11,292 Posts
"When you walk through the door
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dog"

:cheers:

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Amazingly this is the first time iv'e ever gone to China town on Chinese New Years Day. This event is apparently getting bigger and better every year.

Link to Echo news story.

A crowded New years day 2006 (Year of the Dog)

And to keep the hard hat buildings site fetishists happy, a picture of a building site i took on Knight street.

Phwooar...! Look at the metal work on that.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I went on sunday to the chinese new year celebrations and was shocked at how rundown china town is. There are hude amounts of buidlings that need regenerating. get it sorted!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
From Ste: I went on sunday to the chinese new year celebrations and was shocked at how rundown china town is. There are hude amounts of buidlings that need regenerating. get it sorted!
You should have seen it less than 2 years ago, it was much worse! I may be mistaken but my understanding is that a lot of property in that part of town is owned by the Chinese community.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fitzroy said:
I may be mistaken but my understanding is that a lot of property in that part of town is owned by the Chinese community.
That's why it's called Chinatown :)

Good point Fitzy,
Joking apart, does anyone know how much the Chinese business community contribute to maintaining Chinatown?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
From Scouserdave:
That's why it's called Chinatown
Good point Fitzy,
Joking apart, does anyone know how much the Chinese business community contribute to maintaining Chinatown?
You obviously read my mind! I was having difficulties phrasing it so that it didn't sound blaming.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts