Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Im new to this forum thing!

Ive been viewing it for a good few months but never felt the need to register before. But here I am registered so Hi!

Not to want to put peope on a downer ( I do love this place - its really grown on me in the past 5 yrs ive been here), but does anyone else not think that Liverpool has a bit of a problem that despite the fact of all this investment in high rise living/working (the Tall Building policy is a load of wa*k! - or was should I say) there are so many scally types (ya know the ones who drive round in brand new BMWs in Lacoste tracksuits who think they own this city) living in Liverpool that it detracts fromthe real qualities of living here. In the last 3 days I have witnessed 3 of these really horrific 'scumbags' should I say just willy nilly disposing of thier waste out of their car windows and not giving a toss about it. i have lived in other parts of the UK, and although I have seen litter issues, never on this scale. (I sound like an old fart now).

Does anybody have an opinion on this? (Sorry to sound like a bit of a tw*t but seeing this has really depressed me!)

·
Registered
745 Posts
no i'll be the first to admit that liverpool has its problems i guess thats also where alot of the passion for bringing change to this city comes from on this forum, its always in the hope bringing about much needed change and investment to the city will also bring about changes in the mindset of people that live here.. making people more positive and forward thinking, giving people more ambition and hopes for the future. we've already seen this work in manchester so we know it can be done. its a bit of on uphill struggle but it will be a great view from the top

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hi cmw, and a big warm welcome to the Lpool forum. :cheers: Sorry, you're depressed by all the BMW driving, Lacoste tracky wearing scals who 'dispose of their waste out of the window' Don't know what to say. That's Liverpool for you. Shocking but true. ;)

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
cmw said:
Hi Guys, Im new to this forum thing!

Ive been viewing it for a good few months but never felt the need to register before. But here I am registered so Hi!

Not to want to put peope on a downer ( I do love this place - its really grown on me in the past 5 yrs ive been here), but does anyone else not think that Liverpool has a bit of a problem that despite the fact of all this investment in high rise living/working (the Tall Building policy is a load of wa*k! - or was should I say) there are so many scally types (ya know the ones who drive round in brand new BMWs in Lacoste tracksuits who think they own this city) living in Liverpool that it detracts fromthe real qualities of living here. In the last 3 days I have witnessed 3 of these really horrific 'scumbags' should I say just willy nilly disposing of thier waste out of their car windows and not giving a toss about it. i have lived in other parts of the UK, and although I have seen litter issues, never on this scale. (I sound like an old fart now).

Does anybody have an opinion on this? (Sorry to sound like a bit of a tw*t but seeing this has really depressed me!)
My view is that we should have Sumo wrestlers on the streets beating the crap out of thes chavs/scallies and scumbags when they step out of line. And we should have a style police too.

·
Let the Jam decide
2,184 Posts
Welcome to the forum cmw, agree with your points. Hopefully this will change when they go to prison!

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
maggie said:
no i'll be the first to admit that liverpool has its problems i guess thats also where alot of the passion for bringing change to this city comes from on this forum, its always in the hope bringing about much needed change and investment to the city will also bring about changes in the mindset of people that live here.. making people more positive and forward thinking, giving people more ambition and hopes for the future.
This is a very naive middle class viewpoint. After WW2 the upper middle class designed wonderful apartment blocks for the working class who never had a bathroom or inside toilets. The view was that if you put them in such a luxurious environment they would take up middle class pursuits like opera. WRONG. They never. They were Philistines who only liked lots of ale and football and occasional violence. They proceeded to wreck these place that cost millions to build and millions to demolish. They did not understand working class culture, designing environments for upper middle people.

Some of the working class sumbags I was brought up with would destroy anything sight and their parents look on thinking it was all OK. Ignorance breeding ignorance.

we've already seen this work in manchester so we know it can be done. its a bit of on uphill struggle but it will be a great view from the top
Manchester has carefully built the new development to exclude the working class as they are just plain trouble. They did their homework.

The new Paradise St developments will have doormen on certain streets to keep out the Liverpool scallies – keep them away from the pavement cafes. I never thought, yes, I agree with this.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
John-MK said:
My view is that we should have Sumo wrestlers on the streets beating the crap out of thes chavs/scallies and scumbags when they step out of line. And we should have a style police too.

John, I like the idea of a 'style police' but what should they wear to ensure that they don't get arrested themselves?

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
Liverpool8 said:
John, I like the idea of a 'style police' but what should they wear to ensure that they don't get arrested themselves?
Just those big Jock Straps.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
we need to get rid of all the rubbish that blows its way around town, we should do what manchester do and have a total stampout of dropping rubbish. those £75 fines are a great idea, and it works well in manchester.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
John-MK said:
Just those big Jock Straps.
:lol:

Perhaps that was what cmw had in mind when s/he mentioned

'willy nilly disposing of thier waste out of their car windows and not giving a toss about it'

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Louis1986 said:
we need to get rid of all the rubbish that blows its way around town, we should do what manchester do and have a total stampout of dropping rubbish. those £75 fines are a great idea, and it works well in manchester.

Can see what you mean but there's a part of me that might just miss it if Lpool stopped being the dirty gerl she can be at times. :)

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
There are a lot of scally BMW/Audi drivers around, who don't give a toss, and throw their rubbish/takeaway's out onto the floor. It's just a pity that the litter police fine a young student £75 for accidently leaving an icelolly stick on a wall, instead of going for these brain dead blatant litter louts.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
JUXTAPOL said:
There are a lot of scally BMW/Audi drivers around, who don't give a toss, and throw their rubbish/takeaway's out onto the floor. It's just a pity that the litter police fine a young student £75 for accidently leaving an icelolly stick on a wall, instead of going for these brain dead blatant litter louts.
well she did say "accidentally", but she probably knew what she was doing. but yeah, go after the people who throw takeaways etc.

·
Banned
1,293 Posts
Louis1986 said:
well she did say "accidentally", but she probably knew what she was doing. but yeah, go after the people who throw takeaways etc.
It is best to ban the take aways, like KFC. MacDonalds, and other obese causing crap. Hit the root cause.

·
Banned
2,602 Posts
I agree with cmw, this is a problem area for the city.

People who have been dragged up and have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything. They are the products of very poor upbringings and that's why these people will just throw a load of litter all over the floor, in front of people, and feel no shame. There is very little that can be done about these 'people' because it isn't like they are children who are capable of salvation.

I was in Ropewalks a few months ago and this stiggy looking scal stuffing his ugly face with a take away just dropped the box of chicken and the wrapper on the pavement, in broad day light and in front of passers by. Fucking disgusting animal. If I was a bigger, stronger, braver man, I would've ran over to him and battered him and then stuck his fucking greasy chicken bones right in his face. :bash:

These people make me sick. And it's about time LCC invested in some permanent wardens to patrol the city and hand out very harsh fines. Liverpool's litter problem is a disgrace, far worse than what I see in Sheffield and Leeds, and the city will be a laughing stock in 2008 if the litter and the chewing gum isn't sorted out.

For fucks sake.

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
"Swaggering Agressive young Men who hate themselves
Carbon copy of Dad, who really passed it on."

Yah Wobbles A13, about Essex, but it's just the brand of Shell suit, sorry trackie, that's different.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Yeah Manchester is the Promised Land!
Trust me we have more than our fair share of scum and we may clean up or city centre for "100 days" (what about the other 265?) but wander off the beaten track or look at Piccadilly Gardens after a sunny day or on a Sunday morning. Look down any back alley in most of our inner 'suburbs' and you'll find piles of crap.
'Funny' story - was stopped at some traffic lights behind a beemer. Door opens a McDonalds bag full of crap comes out and beemer sets off. i pull up and pick up crap. Stop at next lights, he is ready for turning right in queue, i pull up along side and dump crap back through his open passenger window and beat a quick retreat off to the left! I was in an particularly bad mood that day but probably wouldnt run the risk of making my kids orphans like that in future!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts