I've posted a list on my webby and thought I'd share them with you:

The Liverpool Listed Building 'List' A-Z: Here

Grade I, II and II* listed buildings in Liverpool A-Z: Here

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
An example from your list below

* April 14, 1975 II Shaw Street (west side) L6 Nos.115, 117, 119 Delisted
Does this mean they are no longer listed, i.e. can be demolished without consent. This is probably due to the fact that they have been renovated to such an extent that only the facade remains original.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
JUXTAPOL said:
An example from your list below

Does this mean they are no longer listed, i.e. can be demolished without consent. This is probably due to the fact that they have been renovated to such an extent that only the facade remains original.
I suspect (not knowing the property in question) that the buildings owner applied for the building to be delisted before the renovations, citing loss of original features since the time of listing.
Its unlikely the renovations would have got LBC on a listed building if , as you say, only the facade was retained.
If the building is in a conservation area then it would be difficult , but not impossible, to demolish but if you say it has been renovated recently there doesnt seem much danger of that.
De-listing is uncommon but not unheard of.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Thanks for those Kev
Are you coming to the meeting on Friday?

We discussed an issue that you may be interested in.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony Sebo said:
Thanks for those Kev
Are you coming to the meeting on Friday?

We discussed an issue that you may be interested in.
Details would be great :)

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Ah yes i know those buildings. Seeing as they were listed back in 1975 i suspect they fell in to such disrepair that a developer (or even the City? doubtful?) came along, had them delisted and then converted them. Still look empty though?
Such a shame. That looks like bomb damage in the middle and who is going to want to live there with those unrestored piles just next to them?
Beautiful houses - such a shame.

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
The end buildings are occupied and there is hope that the bomb site and the buildings to the left will be restored. It is a pity that half the terrace is gone, and the rest just out of shot still looks like a war zone, would be great to see this whole terrace rebuilt/restored with modern uses behind.

In fact here is a picture i have which shows what it is like now, with the missing half in the distance now just green grass, before the dereliction of the next section starts, although that far section is mostly restored.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Good opportunity to put a really striking modern building in that gap. I'm guessing the planners would only allow a pastiche in fill though.
I dont know the area but if they are single dwellings and not flats i would love one of those houses - housing stock like this wont stay derelict for long.
If i had the cash i would buy that bomb site and put an amazing ultra modern house i there. failing that i would love one of the terraces - they look huge and looks like good views front and back. Might mooch up there next time i'm in that 'hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts