Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Let the Jam decide
2,216 Posts
Some top buildings there, my favourites are:

Silkhouse Court, great shape and colour, a few more floors would of enhanced it

Atlantic Tower, brilliant shape and cladding, however the top is a little shit, and it should been another 5-10 storeys high

State House, not sure, but I like it, beautiful polishes granite? does need some tlc

Tinlings Building, not in the pics above, but a rather pretty corner building with a bit of character when you take a closer look

Old Hall street is low quality shit, including the Cotton Exchange

What about the new Spar on Dale/Castle Street, its an amazing building

Will try and think of more

·
Let the Jam decide
2,216 Posts
^^ Brilliant photos there Martin, and thank you for including the Tinglings Building. I hope its cleaned and nothing more, as a reclad might ruin its appeal. There one or two other buildings around town but I cant think of them.

Theres the office near the Ship and Mitre, which is used by the museum on Dale Street, I really love this building.

·
Let the Jam decide
2,216 Posts
Is that the eight (?) story tower just to the north side of the tunnel entrance? I think that used to be occupied by Threlfalls, the brewers. I like the building next door to that as well - Blackburn House - which has the shallow dome on the roof - I think that must date from the 30s.

Reminds me that the Byrom Street flyover, which partially obscures those buildings is another part of our Sixties heritage.
Yes both lovely buildings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts