SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go:

(click on any of these to get larger version)

Avtotehna and Metalka commy commercial buildings the artsy way:

Looking from the West side towards the city centre (area where the new Kolizej will stand):

Looking from the city centre towards the Tivoli park

City centre:

Opera and TR3 building in the background:

The "Neboticnik" - alias skyscraper - tallest European residental building when built, from an unusual view:

Metalka building:

Nama (alias Narodni magazin) mall:

Copova street and the Preseren square:

Hotel Union (sorounded by policemen.....some NATO meeting was taking place in Ljubljana that day.....):

Around Miklosiceva street:

* some more Metalka building as seen from Miklosiceva street:

New Kolizej ad:

Railway station and around:

"Bavarski dvor" area:

·
Monkey business
3,539 Posts
Cool! Looking great, as usual!

Though someone really needs to renovate the façades of the Nebotičnik and Opera..

Also can't wait to see the New Kolizej and PCL actually built (if they ever are)..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of buildings desperately need some serious work on their facades. Old Ljubljana is getting quite nice though. Unfortunately didn't have enough time to make some shots there too.

Edit: you can see the Telekom building with new reclading and antenna on the second last photo.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ Best Ljubljana thread yet, Bzi, thank you so much!

I *love* seeing pictures that are only a few days old...something about it, it just feels better to me than seeing any old pics. :D

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Yeah, Mila, that *grin* at the end is very appropriate;)
Those Sarajevo pics you keep posting...ancient stuff. Either you are too poor to buy a camera, which i doubt...or...;)

Anyways, great pics of Ljubljana! We need to see more of this city now that summer is practically here:yes:

Btw...I know Slovenia is easily the richest country in Eastern Europe...it would be interesting to see some kind of "high-class" residential district of Ljubljana. There must be something like Belgrade's Dedinje, Banjica, etc.

·
Monkey business
3,539 Posts
Hmm.. actually, what is a high-class neighbourhood in Ljubljana? The embassies round Tivoli? :tongue2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeap, the embassies around Tivoli and the Rozna dolina are probably the richest neighbourhoods in Ljubljana. Couldn't really get any better photo on the net, but this is more or less how the whole thing looks like:

Edit: no need to say that this is in front of an American embassy, hehe.

·
Monkey business
3,539 Posts
I've been round those parts before, and apart from the occasional protests they look very nice..

..ly protected :D

·
Banned
101 Posts
Very nice...!!! amazed

Eh, sta su ti evropljani! a ne mi vamo... glej kako je cisto i uredno!:>

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok ! LOL slovenia is not as mysterious to me now as it used to be, good city and its captures BTW :eek:kay:

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
great pics, Love Ljubljana, my favourite city :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few bonus photos:

Main post office:

World Trade Center (taller than New York's, hehe :) )

Looking from the Roznik towards the bavarski dvor area. Taller buildings (from left to right) are Delo building, Telekom building with new reclading and SCT building (never completed):

Similar look with some residental buildings and Metalka building that is in desperate need in some reclading:

Overview of the middle-north part of Ljubljana.....Petrol building on far left, Delo on far right:

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Fantastic city :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts