Fosterwheeler Worley parsons
United Group
Monadelphous
AGC pty ltd
Decmil
BGC
Kirlanee Formworks
Handley Surveyors

just to let you know though. this thread doesnt deliver :lol: in the sense that its for skyscrapers and not for industrial works.

i suggest your post in the regional thread.

·
Single, looking to mingle
10,617 Posts
i didnt know that it was make a thread for a random comment day.

happy make a thread for a random comment day everyone.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Pluto is the most amazing construction site I have ever been on. I was reading some of your comments about the mega trust going open at the Perth Arena.
That has got NOTHING on the moduals coming in to Pluto on a daily basis now.
As FWW do not allow cameras on site, I suggest howevers interested in the project, but i recomend everybody, to watch this video http://live.highway1.com.au/PlutoLNGProject/pluto.asx.

It gives you an idea of the sheer size of Woodsides $12 billion investment.
By the way ive been there for 6 weeks now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
have you seen any of the rock art on the burrup? Is it a legit concern or another wagyl?

BTW there should definitely be a thread for mining/oil and gas development separate from general infrastructure.

·
Registered
298 Posts
pluto is the same as phase 4 and 5 when i worked on it across the road at the karratha gas plant. its pretty special but not as special when i go to gorgon next year wohoooo!!! :banana:

·
Registered
298 Posts
yes i have seen the rock art, some are really awesome.. but they were inland not the ones close to the beach where pluto gas plant is currently at.

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,210 Posts
Pluto is the most amazing construction site I have ever been on. I was reading some of your comments about the mega trust going open at the Perth Arena.
That has got NOTHING on the moduals coming in to Pluto on a daily basis now.
As FWW do not allow cameras on site, I suggest howevers interested in the project, but i recomend everybody, to watch this video http://live.highway1.com.au/PlutoLNGProject/pluto.asx.

It gives you an idea of the sheer size of Woodsides $12 billion investment.
By the way ive been there for 6 weeks now.
that video is so cool. kinda made me sad that i am missing out on doing such cool things, i mean i could probably sit there all day and just watch them move some of that heavy equipment.

·
Registered
397 Posts
have you seen any of the rock art on the burrup? Is it a legit concern or another wagyl?

BTW there should definitely be a thread for mining/oil and gas development separate from general infrastructure.
so what if it is another "wagyl"? aboriginal beliefs should be respected in the same way christianity, islam and buddhism are.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah of course you should respect aboriginal beliefs. The wagyl protests were extremely cynical though. They were basically saying thay they "owned" all riverside land in Perth because it was a sacred site created by the wagyl, even though the swan brewery, where most of the protests took place, is on reclaimed land. I just want to know if the rock art issue on the burrup is another beat up by activists.

·
World's Happiest Person
7,154 Posts
That accommodation village at the end of that video, Gap Ridge, I was going to stay there, but ended but staying at another.
I forgot the name of the one I stayed at.

But the Gap Ridge place holds something like 8,000 people and there putting exstention on, making it to hold 10,000 people or around that number.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah of course you should respect aboriginal beliefs. The wagyl protests were extremely cynical though. They were basically saying thay they "owned" all riverside land in Perth because it was a sacred site created by the wagyl, even though the swan brewery, where most of the protests took place, is on reclaimed land. I just want to know if the rock art issue on the burrup is another beat up by activists.
The Burrup is the largest collection of rock art in the world, they number over a million peices. Some of the art is lead to beleive to be 30,000 years old.
Thus the Burrup is a very sacred location for the local aboriginals.

So its not a beat up.

·
®
6,018 Posts
Gap Ridge eh? I have never heard of it. It sounds bigger than a village if it has 8,000 people, :lol:.... Is it like a village which is part of a suburb or locality of Karratha?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Gap Ridge eh? I have never heard of it. It sounds bigger than a village if it has 8,000 people, :lol:.... Is it like a village which is part of a suburb or locality of Karratha?
No its a privatly run workers CAMP. The company you work for pays the camp, which is run by woodside, for your accomidation.
Each person gets a room with bed, fridge, tv, shower, toilet. In the camp there is a mess (kitchen and dining room), a rec room, bbqs, gyms, swimming pool, laundry rooms etc. Ive been told the kitchen there is the largest kitchen in the southern hemisphere.

·
®
6,018 Posts
Oh i see, thx Izza...

I wonder if that is another reason why Barnett wants to change the north so people don't have to fly in and out all the time....

Interesting about the kitchen... does any one have any pics of Gap Ridge... :)

·
World's Happiest Person
7,154 Posts
Oh i see, thx Izza...

I wonder if that is another reason why Barnett wants to change the north so people don't have to fly in and out all the time....

Interesting about the kitchen... does any one have any pics of Gap Ridge... :)
In the video that was posted earlier the kitchens in it,it has all flat screens inside it, its massive. also the rooms are on the video, swimming pool, and the massive outdoor area.

I stayed in one in Port Hedland called Club Hamilton, best one Ive ever been to.
all for a small price of $230 a night :D
That one was owned by FMG

1 - 20 of 25 Posts