Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed Cresford's Mode Lofts, which has been in sales for about 3 years (with just over a 100 units) was not listed in the condo section of last week's Star. Did Cresford cancel the project? It seemed to be stuck at 50% sold for a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
In the latest Condo Guide Magazine on the last page there is a Cresford ad listing all of their projects including Mode Lofts indicating that "Construction Starts Spring 2007". There is not a lot of time left because in only a few more weeks spring will officially be over.

·
Registered
255 Posts
try 1 year at most
definitely more than a year... as i visited the sales center more than a year ago.

in fact when i visited then, they were offering free parking spots because sales were apparently slow

seemed like a nice building... prices were very reasonable.. wonder why its not doing so well.

·
I See Skyscrapers
2,083 Posts
Did you see Big City Broker when Brad Lamb was talking about how hard it was to sell and how the whole project is a marketing disaster?

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
^never seen the show

definitely more than a year... as i visited the sales center more than a year ago.
time flies I guess (but will place money on it not being close to 3 years)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am sure its still going ahead! My contact at Cresford told me that they had to put the sales on hold because they are getting final approval and they are making some changes to the plans of upper floors.. Sales center should re-open in couple of weeks... ( although I have heard the same answer for the past few months now)

Oh, and yes its defitnetely been in sales over a year. ( I baught my unit last June and it has been on the market for about six months at that time)

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
I noticed Cresford's Mode Lofts, which has been in sales for about 3 years (with just over a 100 units) was not listed in the condo section of last week's Star. Did Cresford cancel the project? It seemed to be stuck at 50% sold for a couple of years.
Gee Heidi, do you get the Toronto Star delivered to your house in Portland, Oregon? :lol:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
For several months Cresford was advertising Mode Lofts as "Construction Starts Spring 2007". In the latest issue of Condo Guide Magazine on the last page it has been changed to "Construction Starting Soon", so there has been a delay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
does anyone have any news about this project? I baught this about a year ago and the sales office has been closed for about six months now... I was told it will re-open this summer and construction will start by fall. Well its almost fall and nothing is happening at the site

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Wow, we'll be desperate for condo names by the time they do a "Depeche Mode" Condo. Hehe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MODE CANCELLATION

HI ALL

RE: MODE

I HAVE SOME INSIDE INFORMATION THAT MODE WILL BE CANCELLED. IT IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SELL ENOUGH UNITS WHILE THE COSTS OF BUILDING THE UNITS HAS RISEN - IN OTHER WORDS, A COMPLETE MARKETING DISASTER. I BOUGHT INTO THE PLACE OVER A YEAR AGO AND WOULD LIKE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS THAT HAVE BOUGHT - THEY SHOULD NOT AND WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS.

THX

·
Registered
255 Posts
phew... thank goodness I didn't buy there.

The prices did seem quite cheap actually. For example 255 adelaide down the street was about 15k more expensive for a pretty much identical unit

1 - 20 of 37 Posts