SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 663 Posts

·
Cute but Psycho...
6,023 Posts
Me too, i just wish it would guarantee me a ticket!! which it won't, and due to EU law as Londoners and Brits we won't get any preferrential treatment with regards to allocation of tickets. :(

I'd love a ticket for the opening ceremony, fat chance :cry:

·
Registered
637 Posts
yeah me too guud, infact i had put aside several hundreds of pounds for the once in a lifetime event like the opening or closing ceremony. However I have heard figures of over a grand so I will be going to the park or central london to enjoy the day instead.

·
Registered
64 Posts
same for me just submitted my info but yea due to EU laws i can't get a ticket 100% guarantee but it make us stand out as a cutler city and inviting everyone around the world to see our city. i do agree on the EU laws then it makes it fair for other countries to see what we can pull off than just to the British public

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
19,120 Posts
Athens and Torino had the same laws to contend with and weren't any less Greek or Italian because of them. We'll snap up most of the tickets when they go on sale, only real enthusiasts from abroad will keep a keen eye on the exact date they're put on sale. It's a slightly bigger deal coming over from Estonia or whereever than nipping on a train to London from Kent or Birmingham, and the demand for tickets will reflect that.

I don't think it'll be a problem. The problem will be the crowds of other Brits clamouring for tickets, if anything.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
London Prepares Tickets

Not seen this posted, but that might be me being blind. If so, Mods please delete:

London Prepares series - on sale now

The London 2012 sports testing programme starts this summer � and we�re calling it the London Prepares series.

The London Prepares series will allow us to test key aspects of our operations ahead of next year�s Games � such as results, scoring and timing systems, the fields of play, the venues and the people who will be working to ensure the Games run smoothly.

There are tickets available for some of the events in the London Prepares series, offering the public a great opportunity to be among the first to experience world-class sporting action at a London 2012 venue.

The following events are now on sale via Ticketmaster:

- Hadleigh Farm Mountain Bike International: 31 July 2011, Hadleigh Farm, Essex.

- Visa FIVB Beach Volleyball International: 9-14 August 2011, Horse Guards Parade, London.

- London International Basketball Invitational: 16-21 August 2011, Basketball Arena, Olympic Park.

- UCI BMX Supercross World Cup 2011 - London: 19-20 August 2011, BMX Track, Olympic Park.

Don't miss out. Book now

As the Official Payment Services Provider of the London Prepares series, Visa (debit, credit, prepaid) is the only card accepted.

I have just bought some tickets for the Basketball. £25+ Postage. All events are in August.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of the reasons I've gone for tickets (for my dad and I for the cycling which I don't think I'm going to get) is so I can visit the Olympic Park in full games mode. Will the park be ready that soon or will it still need a fair bit of work?

·
Registered
24,261 Posts
regis91075 said:
One of the reasons I've gone for tickets (for my dad and I for the cycling which I don't think I'm going to get) is so I can visit the Olympic Park in full games mode. Will the park be ready that soon or will it still need a fair bit of work?
No. During London Prepares you'll be shuttledbussed from Stratford station after security directly to the venue and back again afterwards. The venues will not be dressed in Olympic branding either.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Looks Fantastic! Really glad I have tickets to this event next year... what a beautiful backdrop to show off to the world.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just got my tickets through the door for the Basketball Test Event on 16th August, at the Olympic Basketball Arena. Best get the camera charged up:)

·
Resident Ignoramus
4,080 Posts
Amazing that they managed to sell out the velodrome in 10 seconds and that wasn't even for an Olympic event!

1 - 20 of 663 Posts