SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Enjoy the show!

And best of luck to your brother. Which sport does he compete in? Let us know how he gets on. I have a colleague whose sister-in-law is part of the sitting volleyball team.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do hope there more to this. It's been ridiculously short given the fact the athletes are already coming out. I have totally forgotten it all already!

·
Registered
198 Posts
^^ agree. Maybe more to come after.... Shame C4 couldnt hold off the adverts until after the opening ceremony. I realise they are a profit making organisation, but surely for once they could have held off!

·
Ho hum
2,900 Posts
DanLondon said:
^^ agree. Maybe more to come after.... Shame C4 couldnt hold off the adverts until after the opening ceremony. I realise they are a profit making organisation, but surely for once they could have held off!
Ahhh BBC all is forgiven.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is this it? I am hoping for something spectacular once all the athletes are in......

oh..... and C4 really need to work on their presenting style.

·
Ho hum
2,900 Posts
Smarty said:
Ads during the athlete's parade :nuts:

Still. Looking on the bright side, no Paul McCartney so far.
Only during the 'boring' countries though

·
Ho hum
2,900 Posts
Why is the stadium decorated with drink glasses?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Just the lighting of the cauldron and raising of the paralympic flag, maybe a few speaches and that's it I think...unless this is over-running with the parade like the Olympics did...only 30mins left of the broadcast.

I hope those opening ceremony tickets were cheap. 2 hours of watching people walk/wheel themselves around a stadium. Yawn.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Channel 4 getting some stick:

24m Channel 4 ‏@C4Insider

If you’re asking about ads, we’re showing less than usual but as a commercially funded bcaster they allow us to show events like the Paras.

19m Channel 4 ‏@C4Insider

Grammar apology. FEWER ads. Not less. FEWER.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Parts are brilliant i can only imagine if they had a bigger budget it would have been incredible. I really like the story element running through the shows narrative.

Hats off to the directors certainly better than closing ceremony.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
God, this opening ceremony is dull. Its neither fun nor high brow to get away with being a tad staid. Its like everything is running at half speed.

·
Ho hum
2,900 Posts
It's ok... But bed calls I think. Better than the closing ceremony but not a patch on the OOC. All very worthy and no real bad sequences but not pacey enough to hold your attention. 6/10 for me.

( I gave OOC 9/10 and OCS 3/10)

Night all.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts