SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
He looks a bit like Hitler, without the moustache.

Honestly, why get a (controversial) politician to present the medals!?

·
Registered
376 Posts
thats just so unfair how they treated him, that's not the Olympic spirit, when ever i here that on the news im just so embarrassed for this country and its people.
just becouse he is cutting the benefits for the jobs because we carnt afford it anymore doesnt mean he is a bad person he is doing the job in hand.

·
Registered
962 Posts
thats just so unfair how they treated him, that's not the Olympic spirit, when ever i here that on the news im just so embarrassed for this country and its people.
just becouse he is cutting the benefits for the jobs because we carnt afford it anymore doesnt mean he is a bad person he is doing the job in hand.
Unless his job was to redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich he has done the job very badly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You could also say the Olympics or Paralympics are not the time or place for politicians to try to boost their image but thankfully it spectacularly backfired.

Unless you expect 80,000 people to spontaneously hold back their emotions I don't think there could have been any other result from this. Locog/IPC got it wrong.

·
Registered
958 Posts
What the hell do people want more taxes to fund higher doleouts, or more borrowing to be payed for down the line, payed back with worthless money and rampant inflation. Vote labour and you vote higher taxes and increased indebtedness. This country is finished.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
What the hell do people want more taxes to fund higher doleouts, or more borrowing to be payed for down the line, payed back with worthless money and rampant inflation. Vote labour and you vote higher taxes and increased indebtedness. This country is finished.
So you're leaving soon I take it?

·
Registered
962 Posts
When labour left office we had 2% growth. Since the conservatives have come in our borrowing has grown. But since they want a small government with big businesses ruling the country they will keep cutting and make the poorest of our society pay for it.
How osbourne dared turn up after what he has done to incapacity benefit and dla I don't know.

·
Ho hum
2,900 Posts
Not disagreeing necessarily. But lets not go there on this thread please.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
So that this thread isn't finished with a rant, here's a cool vid of one of the Paralympic opening ceremony dancers who had 5 cameras attached to his wheelchair:

101 - 116 of 116 Posts