SkyscraperCity Forum banner

London: BEST OF Phototour

2612 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  worldwide
Believe it or not, I took 100 photos of London yesterday, and because of that, I am going to present the city in 3 different parts, the BEST OF, Richmond Row/Woodfield, and Western Fairgrounds/Old East London. I took all these pictures on April 4, 2005, when I was in London, and I am presenting the "BEST" of London here...

Covent Garden Market

John Labatt Centre

Middlesex County Building

"Founding of London" Plaque

Museum London

1st Hussars Museum and Forks of the Thames Park

Thames River

Plaque, hey my town's FAMOUS! Mitchell is mentioned here!

Skyline from the city's nature/bike trails

Children's Museum (I went here a lot when I was a kid, was a neat museum)

Skyline from Wharncliffe Road

Labatt Memorial Park (this was a home to the Detroit farm team back in the 1980s and 1990s)

Drink Nightclub (one of London's best music venues), saw a Billy Talent show there

Harris Park from Riverside Drive

The ugliest building ever built... at least Lucky 24 thinks that... and so do I

Ridout Street Architecture

The famous Eldon House

Nice old houses on Talbot Street, near Talbot Centre

Modernness on Dufferin and Talbot, the building on the left was just completed (condos)

Cathedral Church

DAMN SCHOOL BUSES! The Grand Theatre

London Life Building

Around Victoria Park

Centennial Hall (London's old Performing Arts Center)

Nice homes near downtown

And folks, you're gonna get two great skyline shots...

coming soon... Richmond Row, Historic Woodfield, Western Fairgrounds and Old East London
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Jaybird. Everytime I see London I love it. Its amasing you don't appreciate London's beauty and architecture til yer gone
I LOVE the new LawCourt building. Imposing and thank-god, not made of glass.
I think it is a very handsome building. Imposing like a law building should be. Great archetectural piece at the fork of the Thames. Hell of a lot nicer than that ugly blue glass crap of LondonLife.

As far as the pics, thankyou they were great. Any OldSouth ones on the horizon?
I really like the tower and I'm glad it doesn't have any streetlevel retail. Its not a regular office building but a law court built with public money and so shouldn't just look like any other building.
Government buildings in Ottawa, for example have streetfront stores but not the Supreme Court building. There are some places where streetfront stores are not appropriate just as you wouldn't put them at the base of a cityhall.There is a place for everything and stores on the street of a law court isn't one of them.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.