SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Very nice! Canary Wharf will certainly be a prominent CBD if it already isn't. I like the architecture of the buildings as I think they were carefully and masterfully designed. However, it gets tiring to see most of the buildings resemble the 'box-like' design that characterizes North American cities. Hopefully future buildings at Canary Wharf will be more innovative in shape?

Just out of curiosity, which place is the headquarters for multinational companies, insurance companies, banks, etc... The City or Canary Wharf?

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Cool pics !

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
raymond_tung88 said:
Just out of curiosity, which place is the headquarters for multinational companies, insurance companies, banks, etc... The City or Canary Wharf?
It used to be primarily The City with Fleet Street being the place where all the publishers/newspapers were headquartered but almost all of those have relocated to CW. There are still large multinationals in The City but many have moved to CW. There is now some competition between them.

·
Waiting for 122
3,803 Posts
The city has substansionally more Inusrance companies.

1CS is the vertical fleet street :D and many banks are moving there.

The city is still for the moment, the primary district, with more tenants in all fields, than CW.

·
18,164 Posts
I'll check that out as well. (Not now though, I'm heading out the door.)

While London has my interest, can someone post a map of neighborhoods inthe central area of London? I asked about boroughs one time and found out that there are 32, I believe, but for now I want to learn about the historical center of London.

·
Ahí vamos pa´lante
258 Posts
Nice pictures and ,by the way, a little history; Canary Wharf itself takes its name from the sea trade with the Canary Islands :nocrook: :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts