SkyscraperCity banner

241 - 260 of 298 Posts

·
Sir Derek "Killer" Hales
1,068 Posts
Bloody hell, that is some drop off from pitch level! Hope that is just perspective?

Only been in the away/neutral end of Craven Cottage which from memory the drop is not so pronounced. However, how do the first two rows of the home end see anything other than the concrete wall behind the goal, even standing all game?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Bloody hell, that is some drop off from pitch level! Hopr that is just perspective?

Only been in the away/neutral end of Craven Cottage which from memory the drop is not so pronounced. However, how do the first two rows of the home end see anything other than the concrete wall behind the goal, even standing all game?
Using the small mower and wheelie bin for perspective I don't think it is as bad as you think. The top of the mower handle should be around waist height. Slide that down to the bottom of the slope and I reckon you're looking at a pitch that is at waist height. I wouldn't want to be in the front row though!

From memory the away end at Southend is worse for being low at the front.

·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
^^

Previous article:

Fulham Football Club has purchased a portion of the River Thames (yes, apparently you can do that) as part of its plan to expand its Riverside Stand and redevelop it into a community hub.

But there is one obvious problem with renovating the Riverside Stand. As its name indicates, it stands nearly flush with the shore of the River Thames. To overcome the geographic barrier, Fulham has done something seemingly impossible.

“We have bought five meters of the river, which I didn’t know you could do until we did it,” Paddon says.

Expanding the building perimeter into the existing river allows the Thames Path (a public trail that follows the River Thames across London) to run unobstructed through the reimagined Riverside Stand, the current version of which blocks the Thames Path.
https://alsd.com/content/alsd-international-2018-venue-showcase-river-runs-through-craven-cottage

241 - 260 of 298 Posts