SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
There have been arguments about making one for a while but the mods here are a bit too lazy to make one. ;)

Although the "projects and construction" forum is practically the London forum.

·
Administrator
34,849 Posts
we dont really have much cause for one right now, but once some big projects start those threads will go at 1000mph and completely choke up the main forum.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Peyre said:
Sounds Lovely hehe. I too find it a bit strange seeing threads like 'Minerva' right next to 'The official Preston thread' :D
Medo said:
I want a London forum, I hate seeing the Official Preston Thread
Ouch! Screw you both! A mere building as opposed to one of the fastest growing cities in the UK?
And what about Nottingham, Brighton, Cardiff, Newport, Sheffield, Bristol, Newcastle and Soton?!

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
Sorry Accura_Preston, the Preston development thread was the first thing that came to my mind, didn't mean to put Preston down in any way :)

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
London should have its own fourm even its theres no big projects on. Its the biggest city in the country by a mile and also its massive on the world stage. When new people come to this site I bet they think we don't care about London.

·
Craaaaaazy Mutha F^cka
1,062 Posts
Come on James that patently isn't true, you like having all of the Londoin project in the main forum, cos it keeps London over arching.

If volume of forum traffic and number of threads was the main reason for building a forum, there is no doubt that the London forum would have been the first one to have been built, but in your eyes the main forum IS the London forum!

Also look at what happens as soon as you build a forum for a city, the thread number explode, case and point the Glasgow forum, our threads have gone from a "Glasgow Latest forum, (on thge main site) to 87 threads, same with Leeds 88 threads.

Don't build a London forum if you don't want to, but PLEASE don't hide behind a second rate excuse for not building one!

Awaiting put down my friend, it has been three or four years since I first got on my high horse with you degrading Glasgow, I feel it is time for another debate, he he!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
london should have it's own forum. as cabman was saying the other day, there's dozens of high-quality low-rise developments in london that slip under the radar, but i think with a dedicated sub-forum, you'd get all these smaller developments getting mentioned and have different threads for southwark, croydon, canary wharf, covent garden, the city, hammersmith etc to talk about the less eye-catching constructions. also liverpool and manchester and the like have threads like "liverpool restaurants", "hidden charms of liverpool" "music of manchester" "places to eat in manchester" etc and i think similar threads for london would pop up and would attract more users.

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
gorgu said:
Come on James that patently isn't true, you like having all of the Londoin project in the main forum, cos it keeps London over arching.

If volume of forum traffic and number of threads was the main reason for building a forum, there is no doubt that the London forum would have been the first one to have been built, but in your eyes the main forum IS the London forum!

Also look at what happens as soon as you build a forum for a city, the thread number explode, case and point the Glasgow forum, our threads have gone from a "Glasgow Latest forum, (on thge main site) to 87 threads, same with Leeds 88 threads.

Don't build a London forum if you don't want to, but PLEASE don't hide behind a second rate excuse for not building one!

Awaiting put down my friend, it has been three or four years since I first got on my high horse with you degrading Glasgow, I feel it is time for another debate, he he!
The main fourm is the London forum. I dont think so, maybe half of the threads in the Projects and Construction are about London but that because it doesnt have a sub fourm.

If someone came to this site and had quick look they would see Manchester Liverpool Birmingham hold on a minute wheres London? It would baffle the **** out of them. If they were looking for information on London project, they might think we dont have information on London, when we do. I would say 5 out of 10 people looking for information on London would give up and look somewhere else. People are very lazy, why search through the site when you have google.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts