SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1,003 Posts
london lad said:
Quite a bit of news in this week wharf as they are doing a round up on developments.

Pan P has had trhe height increase approved

http://icthewharf.icnetwork.co.uk/t...70&headline=towering-ambition--name_page.html

Swan housing group want to build 3 buildings , 6,9 & 19 storeys in front of NPW

http://icthewharf.icnetwork.co.uk/t...-will-ruin-view-for-residents--name_page.html

Indescon Court has got permission for a development including a 25 storet tower

http://icthewharf.icnetwork.co.uk/t...71670&headline=hotel-go-ahead--name_page.html
London Lad! you really are the best source of breaking news on here! I picture you hunched over a computer with a box of kleenex and a bulging fly slavering over skyscraper info. I am sure that is my fantasy. :)

jef said:
see willis thread for all the details.

CLOUT (Schroders and British Land) has sold Plumtree Court to Metro (David Murray and Bank of Scotland) for £120m. Plumtree Court is let to PricewaterhouseCoopers until 2009. Metro has bought the building as a potential development opportunity when PWC’s lease expires.
Good to see you back on here Jef, ignore the kids and keep on with your informative posts, you along with Will, Gothic et al make great contributions.

mulattokid said:
London Lad! you really are the best source of breaking news on here! I picture you hunched over a computer with a box of kleenex and a bulging fly slavering over skyscraper info. I am sure that is my fantasy. :)
Im sure that was some kind of compliment but it slightly disturbs me that you have this imagine of me -lol. And I hope to god that isn't your fantasy ;)

Im just like the rest of use- slightly obsessed with Highrises & London in general- Its like Will says this site is like an addiction -you cant stay away!!!

Its actually quite easy to find news if you know where to look- the links page has all sites you need to look.
Bascially if you check the following your almost guarantied to find news.

Daily- SE1 news, AJ updated, freemansnews, estates gazettes
Friday- propertyweek & Building get updated
Thursday- The wharf gets updated

Keep an eye out in the press when companys report quarterly & yearly figures as they always talk up their developments & then check ther websites for the full report.

Also when news of a project comes to light just put the name of the development, architect or developer in a search engine & you often get a few results. If you know where a devlopment is just check the local councils plannig website.

The beauty is you can spend 5-10mins at work doing the above & thats your daily news.

...now wheres me kleenex ;) !!

london lad said:
Im sure that was some kind of compliment but it slightly disturbs me that you have this imagine of me -lol. And I hope to god that isn't your fantasy ;)

Im just like the rest of use- slightly obsessed with Highrises & London in general- Its like Will says this site is like an addiction -you cant stay away!!!

Its actually quite easy to find news if you know where to look- the links page has all sites you need to look.
Bascially if you check the following your almost guarantied to find news.

Daily- SE1 news, AJ updated, freemansnews, estates gazettes
Friday- propertyweek & Building get updated
Thursday- The wharf gets updated

Keep an eye out in the press when companys report quarterly & yearly figures as they always talk up their developments & then check ther websites for the full report.

Also when news of a project comes to light just put the name of the development, architect or developer in a search engine & you often get a few results. If you know where a devlopment is just check the local councils plannig website.

The beauty is you can spend 5-10mins at work doing the above & thats your daily news.

...now wheres me kleenex ;) !!
He he !

Actually when I was at work (not a househusband like I am now) I did find some interesting bits of news, but I think I spent about 30 mins on there!

On the point of picturing people, it would be nice to have access to pictures of those that want to post..it seems a bit strange feeling I know people and not knoowing what they look like! Perhaps a thread just for peoples pics?

After all..many of you saw me on tv. I hope noone was eating their dinner at the time :)

A bit of news from icThewharf.co.uk:

London Docklands: 'SECOND ONLY TO NEW YORK' Jul 27 2006

Docklands business mogul tells us why he bought another top hotel:

A PROPERTY tycoon is expanding his Docklands empire with the purchase of a multi-million pound West India Quay hotel.

John Christodoulou, who runs the Yianis Group from Westferry Circus, snapped up the five-star Marriott this week for £110million.

It's the latest high profile acquisition in the area for the Cyprus-born businessman, who bought his first property aged 17. Speaking to The Wharf, he said: "There's so much business going on in Canary Wharf - it's second only to New York.

"I believe it will only get better. And with what's happening with London City Airport and the Olympics things are going to explode here."

The Yianis Group is the second largest freeholder at Canary Wharf, with a bulging portfolio including Canary Riverside and the Four Seasons Hotel.

Mr Christodoulou, who is worth more than £750m, is still looking to increase his presence in the area - claiming the Wharf had another 30 per cent potential for growth. And the development of Wood Wharf is one project likely to attract the businessman's eye when completed.

The 40-year-old said: "Retail is increasing here. More and more people are coming here. It's becoming a much bigger residential area as well on top of business. It's a safe bet. The infrastructure can't change. There won't be the same problems they had in the 1990s."

The Marriott became the focus of national attention earlier this year when Tottenham Hotspur footballers became ill after eating there before a match - although it was eventually cleared of blame.

"That did not put me off," Mr Christodoulou said. "It was proven to be flu. All publicity is good. The hotel has been even busier since then. I'm not going to change the Marriott at all, just keep it full. I got a good deal. To build it again would have cost so much more money."

Yianis Group now owns property across the capital, as well as a luxury yacht and private hire aircraft business.

Anyone know what the West Inida Quay Hotel looks like??

:cheers:

21 - 40 of 1,003 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.