SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
London is Awesome
May 2-4, 2009​

Last weekend was one of the few long weekends in the UK and therefore I decided to use the opportunity and visit London. Despite a cloudy and slightly rainy Monday the weather turned out to be very pleasant, so I brought home quite a few photos. As promised in the panorama thread, I'll show some of them here. :)

My first destination - Primrose Hill in the Northern part of the city. Even though it's just 78 metres above sea level, it provides nice panoramas towards the centre of the city.

The skyscrapers of The City ir Canary Wharf look like they are in one cluster, although in reality there is around 4 km between those two areas.

Next - Camden town, which is famous for its liberal atmosphere and popularity between fans of alternative culture. It was extremely busy with people, so I ended up taking very few photos, which I'm regretting now :(

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Next stop - Limehouse basin in Eastern London. This wharf used to be the gateway between river Thames and the vast network of canals in the UK. These days it's surrounded by residential buildings and full of recreational speedboats and barges.

Regent's canal, which can be used to reach Camden town and overall most of the canals in the country.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Having spent a year in the city and still going there almost twice a month, London is my capital of Europe. Such an amazing and culturally diverse city with new things to see and experience every day.
In many ways, it may not be the most beautiful city but it really understands the concept of mixing old and modern - plus The Gherkin is my favorite highrise in the world! :)

·
12,320 Posts
Really, really, really stunning as always! Each picture is art, brilliant! :cheers:

Can't wait to see them more panoramas! :)

·
planquadrat
10,266 Posts
Vaidas, you have got an excellent ability to choose very sophisticated angles even of some usual places. Although London becomes boring to me sometimes but your photos are always a pleasure to watch :eek:kay:

·
2,775 Posts
AWESOME pictures - I simply just love that city. Furthermore it's a great example of how to mix OLD and NEW architecture. Should be a reference for all NIMBIES (plural :D)!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Furthermore it's a great example of how to mix OLD and NEW architecture. Should be a reference for all NIMBIES (plural :D)!
That's EXACTLY what I thought. They really don't seem to have any issues building modern glass buildings right next to the historical structures and yet somehow I could name very few examples that look out of place. :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts