SkyscraperCity banner

11981 - 12000 of 18545 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Interesting post from a86 over @ kumb:

Betway's Kit sponsorship will end this season after providing an 18month deal taking over from alpari.

I've heard this rumour that shouldn't be ignored as it's come from different people who have no connection apart from being associated with myself.

there's a good chance that Barratt Developments PLC will be the new kit sponsor from next season.

Barratt Development PLC (who have a revenue of £3.2b as of 2014) are also known as "Barratt Homes" nationwide and "Barratt London" in London (funny enough) have a couple connections already with the club.

Barratt's are in a joint venture with Galliard Homes for the redevelopment of Upton Park and Head offices are based in Stratford - along with developing homes across the east of London over the years.

it's assumed that the Upton park site was sold to Galliard Homes instead of Barratt Homes to remove the direct connection between the club. Once the site was sold, galliards appointed Barratt homes once west ham united was unattached from the deal.

another rumour that the shirts will have

Barratt London on the home kit

and

Barratt Homes on the away kits.

again this is just hear say and needs investigating further

·
Registered
707 Posts
That 50,000 on the priority list probably includes all the people that have already been for an appointment and got a season ticket - including quite a few that were originally on the priority list but went along earlier as a +1 or +2 with an existing season ticket holder.
It doesn't. I had an appointment and now have a season ticket for next year. I never went anywhere near a priority list because as an existing ST and Bondholder I had 'priority'. I think you will find these people still on the Priority List are those that responded to the clubs urging to do so as the only way to get a ST after existing ST holders had been seen. They also paid £10 for the privilege.

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
18,214 Posts
without a doubt that WHU will have the best soccer/athletics stadium in the world, and London is getting yet another best stadium of its kind in the world.
Expect some blowback from the Spurs mob now!
Why should there be? Aquamaroon purposefully chose his words carefully and he's right. The conversion is probably as good as it could be (internally at least). As it should be given the money spent on it.

As an athletics/football stadium it's probably as good as one could hope for and arguably the "best stadium of its kind" (though I think the Stade de France has a unity of design that's lacking in this conversion, but that's hardly surprising given the difficulty of this particular build).

No blowback because nothing in that post was even slightly controversial. This stadium will be ideal for athletics and not-bad for football, which is better than most other stadiums that host both sports. It's close to the top, in its own special category.

·
Stuart Willard
1,054 Posts
Interesting post from a86 over @ kumb:

Betway's Kit sponsorship will end this season after providing an 18month deal taking over from alpari.

I've heard this rumour that shouldn't be ignored as it's come from different people who have no connection apart from being associated with myself.

there's a good chance that Barratt Developments PLC will be the new kit sponsor from next season.

Barratt Development PLC (who have a revenue of £3.2b as of 2014) are also known as "Barratt Homes" nationwide and "Barratt London" in London (funny enough) have a couple connections already with the club.

Barratt's are in a joint venture with Galliard Homes for the redevelopment of Upton Park and Head offices are based in Stratford - along with developing homes across the east of London over the years.

again this is just hear say and needs investigating further
Got to say that would be a surprise if correct, I thought Betway had a year at the OS, but if that isn't the case I would have expected a more high profile and 'worldly' sponsor to take over at this stage in the new location. Cant say that 'Barrett Homes' in particular is going to be very inspiring to my eye, its image has always said common, run of the mill and down market to me and thats just in the redevelopment sector, let alone business generally. Hardly shouts new High Profile era in the Champions League if thats the club aim. Could be worse I guess if Wonga or their ilk wanted a change of air.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It doesn't. I had an appointment and now have a season ticket for next year. I never went anywhere near a priority list because as an existing ST and Bondholder I had 'priority'. I think you will find these people still on the Priority List are those that responded to the clubs urging to do so as the only way to get a ST after existing ST holders had been seen. They also paid £10 for the privilege.
Sorry - what I meant to say was that it excluded existing season ticket holders - but it does include those that paid the £10 but went along as a +1 +2 with people such as yourself. But not per the OP that thought that there was still 50,000 more to go that have not yet got a ticket - it's the total Priority List numbers of everyone that paid £10 - and probably also existing members that they added for free?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
The works on the community track are going great it seems.

Is there a reason why the stand at the community track is not completely the whole length of the field? And will the WHU reserve team play there?
There simply isn't enough space to shoe horn in more seats. The club have nothing to do with the community track officially, though the West Ham Community Trust, the charitable arm, I'm sure will be keen to do something there with local organisations.

·
Espartano
2,740 Posts
wow its looks great!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
There simply isn't enough space to shoe horn in more seats. The club have nothing to do with the community track officially, though the West Ham Community Trust, the charitable arm, I'm sure will be keen to do something there with local organisations.
I see enough space to make the stand over the hole length except the middle the light-post in the middle could be in the way of this construction. (My opinion. No offense to your answer Gavrosh)

Look forward to see the whole park to be finished with all it's project.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I see enough space to make the stand over the hole length except the middle the light-post in the middle could be in the way of this construction. (My opinion. No offense to your answer Gavrosh)

That bit to the right is a car park.

Looks possible they can add something on the curve there. On the far curve a new school will abut the running track, and then a road.

·
Registered
240 Posts

The bigger the construction, the more it costs. Presumably someone has taken a view on how large it needs to be for the purpose for which it is designed, and this is what they have come up with.

If they need a bigger stadium, there is one right next door! :)

·
19,834 Posts
What's next for the stadium? Is there any work on progress now? I haven't seen any recent pictures for long time.
Recent images were added last week. Claret seats are being installed, so is a new pitch. The main track has been removed ready for a new one to be installed, whilst work continues on the community track.

No recent interior images of the hospitality areas, however, we know they're busy fitting out the west stand as there was a previous planning application to extend the working hours for that part of the stadium.

Whether the media facade will happen is currently anyone's guess.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It must be very close now to finding out the final pieces of the jigsaw which is the wrap / naming rights question.
This announcement, now long overdue, must be held up with the LLDC contract disclosure decision. We've just about 5 months until the first home game is staged there, and we are all still none the wiser. Maybe there's a real struggle trying to find a suitable sponsor who will stump up the right sort of money ?
I cant for one moment think that any potential stadium naming rights will go ahead without the ability to advertise this on some sort of outer stadium wrap or display.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
There's a fellow who posts on KUMB who is obviously very close to the project, he attended last weeks tribunal appeal by the LLDC against the IOC decision to force them to publish the stadium contract in full, and appeared to be very confident that the tribunal judges would overturn the original decision. That may give the green light for the LLDC to announce the stadium sponsor. However, he is also saying that the reason why the wrap is being delayed or may not happen at all is that theyve discovered that the extra weight of it would put the stability of the stadium at risk. I really cant see how the architects could have made such a miscalculation in terms of figuring out lode bearings early on in the planning process, but he appears to be adamant that that is the issue.

·
19,834 Posts
What they were proposing wasn't exactly a lightweight option, especially all those steel bars (mullions) that would've housed the LED nodes. Maybe the only option is a lightweight fabric wrap like the 2012 Olympics had.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would prefer nothing at all if that was the only option. If hanging the wrap isn't feasible could something be put up from the ground that uses the top just for balance?

11981 - 12000 of 18545 Posts