SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats happening on talbot street just south of king? are they renovating that old building or are they demolishing it? also whats happening at proudfoot lane as well as burwell st

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
It's becoming an upscale nightclub, called twentyninetalbot, where only formal-like attire will be permitted, no jeans, jerseys, or running shoes or stuff like that, according to a construction worker I talked to when I was at that site taking pictures. Proudfoot Lane by what I can see, I don't really know anything going on there, what does it look like, if you know. Burwell St, I'll have to research. Thanks for the questions! :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a crane or two up on proudfoot. i assume it will be a slab apartment. the building on burwell st was just a few stories tall when i left, it looks like it could be nice

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats going on at that place next to the talbot pawnbrokers on dundas, across from jlc, last i saw they had new signs up, but the building has been vacant for a while. some kind ov beverage company?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Oaronuviss said:
Hmmm, we have a club called 29th and park... similar... think London is trying to gain on us?
lololol
Yeah, I read an article in the Free Press, and yes, indeed, the owners of that same Windsor nightclub are opening a similar one in London. I doubt it if London is trying to gain anything on Windsor, as London seems to be holding its own quite well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anyone seen a rendering of the old central library redevelopment proposal? it looks like that farhi guy or whatever his name is will build a 25 story condo tower there because the other company withdrew their proposal. its a great spot for a tower like that. they should build a tall tower on dundas in that parking lot between the armories and canada trust aswell. wouldnt that look good in the skyline

1 - 9 of 9 Posts