SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the suggestion of tombs I've gathered together a few of my photographs from the Random London picture thread. It shows some of the more unusual buildings of London away from the more familiar "tourist" centre. Given that London is so vast and sprawling there is a multitude of architectural styles, new and old as well as building types. I love exploring London and every area produces something rewarding, hope you enjoy the journey!

·
Registered
135 Posts
BRAVO! What a fine collection.

I think these pictures highlight that sometimes you think you know an area or a building like the back of your hand, but then you see it in a different light or from a different angle and you hardly recognize it at all. London's a city which can require a sharp eye to be properly observed, because many things are subtle, not appearing at first glance or in a perpetual state of change. You've obviously got a knack for spotting them though, and excellent composure too. Inspiring stuff.

·
Registered
241 Posts
a very fascinating mix of architecture, somehow blended together in a, I shouldn't say perfect, but good harmony! a very good thread, thank you!

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
A very refreshing thread about London, it shows places many of us have never seen and also shows very familiar places in a different light. Keep doing what you're doing Fitz. Legend.

:applause:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Amazing London!! :eek:kay:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Great city with an unique character.
I have in my mind some kind of "jack the ripper" atmosphere whenever I think about London...
It's a must go.

·
Registered
984 Posts
A suprising and perpetually interesting collection of pics demonstrating beautifully the dynamicsm and layers of history in this ancient metropolis! Thanks so much for sharing this!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts