Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the next installment of my London tour I did on April 4, 2005. This is the trendy Richmond Row and the historic Woodfield neighborhood in the east end of the city near downtown.

Richmond Row

Historic Woodfield neighborhoods and homes near downtown (many of these homes are considered heritage properties of the City of London)

The famous Banting House and Museum (where insulin was discovered)

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Love Richmond Row.............
Where the hell is Woodfield???????????
Give me an approx street corner area. Some fantastic houses which I seem to recall but still never heard of Woodfiels.
Thats not Pill Hill is it??

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woodfield is around Central/William/Adelaide/Pall Mall area. It's in between Richmond and Adelaide in the east/west, Central and Dundas in the south. The signs said "Historic Woodfield" that say the street names.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Ya, I know the area well. Just always sorta associated with Victoria Park area, never knew it had an actually name.

You sure get to London a lot don't you?
I know Stratford is smack in the middle of Kitchener & London but I can't image anyone wanting to go to Kitchener except under great duress.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I REALLY appreciate your London photo spread. BUT, just to be a prick I was wondering if you had any you could put up of the only area I haven't seen pictures for, for a long time..........Old South/Wortely Village.
Do I ask for a lot or what??????

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
and maybe to see Hilary Duff in concert, like she was in January and not in London (probably because of the BMO Skating Championships @ the JLC). She sucks anyways. Avril Lavigne is better. :)

Two other reasons to go to Kitchener, to eat a lot of Schneiders products or meat (mainly for Oktoberfest), or to buy a lot of blackberry computer devices to take over the world, actually, that would be Waterloo. :) Or maybe when people from Stratford and vicinity want to go to Toronto for something, but I don't go to Toronto for anything anymore (unless if my life depended on it :)), I go to different cities now for fun and things, but I still respect Toronto ok. It's a fine city for its size of almost 3 million people and quite beautiful, but that city is not for me. :)

Yeah, I don't go to Kitchener too much, the last few times I have been here, when I was on a bus or a train going to Upstate New York. Nothing really special to it, although it is a nice city, though. Don't know if Kitchener has any rough areas like Old East London...

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do ask for a lot, but when it's a city like this, IMO, you can NEVER ask for too much. I went through Old South and Wortley Village, very, very nice. I couldn't take pictures of it, because to get all these, I walked all that time. Someday I might get some of Old South and/or Wortley Village. Lucky 24, another forumer here, might also be able to get some. I think he mentioned getting some pics of that area when it gets later in the springtime.

Yes, I get to London as often as I can to show how great of a city it can be and have proven it, even though driving in it is a pain, but I can understand why it is, and has its share of older, ugly areas (but what cities don't have those), my parents come down once in a while and my dad works @ London Hydro, so that is how I get down there. :) Also, sometimes my luck can be really bad with white collar cities like London or Toronto or Ottawa, and have some bad times/experiences there. I seem to have better luck with heavy industrial cities or blue collar cities, isn't that weird?

·
Registered
855 Posts
bakarat opened last summer in place of sebastians, and before that, eastside marios

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Jaybird said:
Yeah, I don't go to Kitchener too much, the last few times I have been here, when I was on a bus or a train going to Upstate New York. Nothing really special to it, although it is a nice city, though. Don't know if Kitchener has any rough areas like Old East London...
Cedar Hill neighbourhood, Downtown Kitchener... trouble area. My friends had to move out becuase of neighbourhood crack problems...

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
samsonyuen, I'm just curious, when your location said "London" on it, did you mean London Ontario, London England, or maybe BOTH? :)

Cedar Hill neighborhood, where is that, SP!RE? I'm curious. Kitchener has crack/drug problems as well? I never would have thought that, but Kitchener is still not a bad city at all. Although the sprawl is very bad. Downtown isn't terrible, but could be a LOT better.

Yeah, London does have a ton of beauty homes near downtown and around the near inner city, which is one of its strong points in making it look like a "beautiful" city, although when you take most of everything (strip malls, rougher areas, sprawl) in the city, it makes it look like an average city.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts