SkyscraperCity banner

781 - 791 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I wish we were seeing something a bit more material (bddm) in the Fabric District. The student gaffs going up along Islington are a start, but there really needs to be more to draw people into that area. A couple of hotels wouldn't go amiss, bearing mind the proximity of Lime Street, or some university facilities or commercial developments. That will increase throughput around the London Road and make it a more desirable place to do business.
People need a reason to go to London Road and not just to walk through it and take in the dereliction. At the moment there isn't one.

It's got progressively worse for years and years. Pembroke Place is a decent enough street.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a lot of time for London Road and how it's evolving. It might be rougher than a badger's arse in places (always has been) but it has an energy created by people from all over the world setting up businesses, students and whatnot. Much like around Lodge Lane, a new Liverpool is emerging there and I like it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I agree Fitzroy. It is arguably the most multicultural part of town these days. It's great to see the various new restaurants and businesses springing up all over and the area has so much potential.

A 80-100m landmark building on the side where TJ's is and a couple of hotels in the area, plus replace the awful buildings at the lower end towards Lime Street along with all the new developments around the Royal Hospital/Fabric district :cheers:

·
Liverpool
926 Posts
I have a lot of time for London Road and how it's evolving. It might be rougher than a badger's arse in places (always has been) but it has an energy created by people from all over the world setting up businesses, students and whatnot. Much like around Lodge Lane, a new Liverpool is emerging there and I like it.
I have for the last couple of weeks been walking up London Road and was just thinking this, the students are all back now and it's busying up.

The only downside is the Off-licences towards the bottom end and the chemist over the road, attracts the wrong type and can be intimidating later at night..

·
Just something
8,264 Posts
The public realm certainly needs enhancing, and that overly prominent set of public toilets needs go.
But they are convenient for the little market... 🤗🍺

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The problem with the 1990s conveniences on Monument Place is that, unbelievably, they were built directly in front of the public space's titular statue of George III, obscuring the statue from the angle it was put up to be be seen from.

Monument place became Lavatory Place.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I could be wrong but I think those toilets have been closed for a good while. I'm sure they closed some time ago unless they have reopened them ?

·
Just something
8,264 Posts
781 - 791 of 791 Posts