SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Both of those pieces are spectacular! I love these buildings, i hope they sort out the immediate surroundings to the West though... but they are turning Exhibition road into some sort of spectacle so good things to come!!

The Albert Memorial is simply breathtaking, the size cannot be underestimated!! Its probably the grandest and most celebrity of all the memorials in London. Quite a special guy that Albert!

And although keeping things clean is a good thing, i liked the 'dirty' colour of the lighter parts of the Royal Albert Hall. It gave the building some maturity.

Fine pics!

·
121,863 Posts
Nice photos ... reminds me of my visit there. I accidently stumbled upon the Albert Memorial as I was riding the bus to Westminster. It was well worth an unscheduled stop!

·
121,863 Posts
Rachmaninov said:
Thanks hehe
Then did you stroll through Hyde Park?
Yes, that morning I started off at Kensington Palace. By the time I finished, it was very sunny and I walked around Hyde Park for a bit. I took the bus to the Albert Memorial and then walked to the Princess Diana Memorial as well. It turned out to be quite a nice day after all.

Too bad the weather was not as cooperating in Paris!

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
Thats a False negative stereotype attached to London...It always rains and such!

Infact....London doesnt even have weather!

·
Banned
269 Posts
Rachmaninov said:
Hahaha the weather sucks most of the time but there are occasional sunny days though. That's about the only period I don't dislike London... :p
Umm ... Its utter bullshit

... "London has a temperate climate, with warm but seldom hot summers, cool but rarely severe winters, and regular but generally light precipitation throughout the year. Summer temperatures rarely rise much above 33°C (91.4°F), though higher temperatures have become more common recently. The highest temperature ever recorded in London was 37.9°C (100.2°F), measured at Heathrow Airport during the European Heat Wave of 2003. Heavy snowfalls are almost unknown. In recent winters, snow has generally only settled once or twice and it is rarely more than an inch (25 mm). London's average annual precipitation of less than 24 inches (600 mm) is lower than that of Rome or Sydney. London's large built up area creates a microclimate, with heat stored by the city's buildings: sometimes temperatures are 5°C (9°F) warmer in the city than in the surrounding areas" ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts