Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Illustrator
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will go to London Tuesday next week. I want to take pictures of the skyline for my website and for the forum. Do anyone know any good spots to see the skyline of the central CBD, Docklands and overview?

If you don't have anything against revealing your secret spots of course... :tongue4:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nightsky said:
I will go to London Tuesday next week. I want to take pictures of the skyline for my website and for the forum. Do anyone know any good spots to see the skyline of the central CBD, Docklands and overview?

If you don't have anything against revealing your secret spots of course... :tongue4:

london eye, st paul's cathedral,BT tower, guy's hospital building

·
125,281 Posts
Try Waterloo Bridge for a nice view of St. Paul's and the City.

Go up the Tower Bridge to see the City and Canary Wharf. Consider climbing up The Monument as well.

Visit the Observatory in Greenwich for a nice wide view of Canary Wharf from the hill.

Take a cruise along the Thames.

·
Illustrator
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise.

I visited Tower Bridge in 1999, but unfortunately the weather sucked then (it was raining and very cloudy).

However, I was mainly thinking of places where you don't have to go up anywhere, such as the bank of Thames.

Btw, Is it possible to get up at BT Tower and what does it cost?

·
125,281 Posts
BT Tower is no longer open to the public. There aren't that many public observation decks in London. London Eye is probably the best view from up high. If you're flying into London, consider getting a window seat on the right side of the plane. The approach to Heathrow might be from the east and you'll see the whole city.

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
I've gave you some ideas in the UK forum.

Go up the Hill in Greenwich Park. Get the Jubilee or DLR to Cutty Shark, take pics, then walkup to the park. You will be impressed :)

And yes, Primrose and Parliament Hill (Hamstead Heath)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Try to catch a boat which navigates downstream the Thames, you will see Docklands, Greenwich, the Thames barrier and further to the direction of Tilbury harbours and the sea. I did it once in 1996 and it's spectacular and inhabitual!!!!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Catch the boat from the London Eye to Greenwhich (pontoon right in front of the eye), climb the hill to the observatory (dont forget to have a wander around the Royal Naval college, museums, palace and town before though!), its an amazing view from up there (both city and canary wharf!). The view from St pauls is great, if a little expensive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts