Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Illustrator
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will go to London Tuesday next week. I want to take pictures of the skyline for my website and for the forum. Do anyone know any good spots to see the skyline of the central CBD, Docklands and overview?

If you don't have anything against revealing your secret spots of course... :tongue4:

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
Nightsky said:
I will go to London Tuesday next week. I want to take pictures of the skyline for my website and for the forum. Do anyone know any good spots to see the skyline of the central CBD, Docklands and overview?

If you don't have anything against revealing your secret spots of course... :tongue4:
For CW, I recommend you take a ferry from London Bridge to Canary Wharf, you can get some brilliant shots approaching it. Although you may need a tripod and the relevant settings to get clear pictures.

Rotherhive, South London, is directly opposite CW. You could go down to the Cutty Shark, or go to the Royal Observatory on the hill in greenwich park for some breathtaking views.

For the city,Go up the eye of course, and try to get up the dome of St Pauls Cathedral. You could also make you way up the Monument, loads of stairs though :D

If you've got money and a smart suite, you could get up to Vertigo 42, the bar on the 42nd floor of T42. And theres always the roof garden of 1 poultry.

·
Illustrator
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advize. I will try the London Eye of course and probably go to the other side of the Thames. How much is it to take a boat ride on the Thames to CW?
And how much to get to the top of St Paul's Cathedral? And what about the London card, do you recommend it? We want to go to Madame Tussauds and the Tower of London.

Unfortunately I don't have money, neither a smart suite :(:)

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
Nightsky said:
Thank you. Is the travel card valid for just one day? And a travel card for central London is just £4, right?
yep think so. I've always have to get a all zones travelcard as I live in Zone 5 :(

Lasts for the whole day. But you can get a weekly one if you want, just ask the station staff at the ticket desk.

Was going mention Primrose Hill near St.Johns Wood, close to regents park. I haven't been up there yet, but I have a feeling you can get some good views from there.

Just make sure you've got a good map ;) with an underground map aswell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts