SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 2313 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
vvill said:
obviosuly i know. but just by looking at those collages up there, it's quite unconvincing to me that the building does respond well to its surrounding. the one from bishopsgate looks particularly crude in my opinion.
I thoroughly disagree, but It's your opinion. IMO this HAS to be in the top 5 London proposals, Mmaybe even in the top 3.

·
Divemaster!
6,699 Posts
^^ For me the top 5 proposed/approved are probably:

1. Bishopsgate tower
2. LBT
3. Leadenhall
4. Riverside South towers
5. Heron tower

For quite a while I would have said LBT was my fave, but over recent weeks/months I have been admiring the magnificence of Bishopsgate tower with a greater desire then LBT. That's not to say I like LBT less then I did, on the contrary I like it even more every time I look at it, but Bish tower, imo, just looks a little bit more awe inspiring and unique, and is in a better location, so it gets my No.1 vote!

And also, a side note: I would probably have placed Columbus tower at No.3 or 4 but it looks totally dead in the water :( It's a real shame, as it would have really given extra dynamism to the CW area. Anyone got any details on it btw?? I haven't heard anything about it for a while. If it is dead, I think the least they can do is let it be known so another company or different building can take over the site!

I just hope Bish tower gets built before 2012, to make London look that much better for when people come to the Olympics! :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
The site got sold onto a small company who dont have the resources to develop the tower .My guess is they will hold onto the site as it has planning permission & eventualy sell the site onto a bigger developer. However the site of the tower is right above the proposed X-rail tunnels so i'm not sure if this would have to be built first before the tower can be built (that was prob the main reason the original investors sold the site on)

·
Registered
218 Posts
vvill said:
and i don't think richard rogers' designs have ever been famous for their sensitivities to their surroundings and especially this one which seems to be far too prominent of a statement. i mean, if you compare this to renzo's london bridge tower... how nice that one is!
No, he hasn't, and thats why Lloyds is such a masterpiece

·
1,316 Posts
Finally this beauty gets approved and starts construction soon! Another great skyscraper for London.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
It's been approved years, but the people who work in the current site have a lese which runs to 2008. We thought it wouldnt start till 2008, but now the start has been brought forward to 2007

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is my second favourite proposal behind the shard. However, for some reason, I never thought it would actually be built, that it was more concept pie-in-the-sky.

I should know better then to doubt British Land. They must be the most committed developer in the country at the moment.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
And soon we will find out if the Shard pre-let has been completed or as just rumours, but if it does get the pre let it has a 100% chance of going up too next year

·
Futurist
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
From Building.co.uk -

"British Land is developing its 211 Bishopsgate on a speculative basis - with 820,000 ft2 to be completed in 2008 - and head of development Nigel Webb hints that there will be more to come, "if we think the buildings are right for the market".

He also confirms British Land will press ahead with other schemes - at 122 Leadenhall, the construction of 600,000 ft2 should start on site in January next year."

:cool:

(pics by Jef)

41 - 60 of 2313 Posts