SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Stand clear of the closing doors, please"

It's limited what you have time for in only 3 1/2 days in the city you never can get tired of. Been here before, but that was nearly 8 years ago. Much had changed, but much was just as I remember it. The only thing I can't like is the horrible opening-hours at the pubs; they still close at 23!! If you want a beer after that you need to pay to get into a nightclub:bash: But ofcourse, as 8 years ago, when the pubs are open, they offer nice food and beer very cheap:yes:

Staying at a budget hotel near Picadelly Circus. Here are some photos from there.

On our way to an attraction that wasn't there 8 years ago; London Eye.

Riding the London Eye. Sorry for the poor quality on some of these due to them beeing taken through glass.

The new Wembley!:)

What was the name of that Pink Floyd album again?

I have enough material for another 2-4 photo-posts, so hang on!

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
looks like u had a great time in my second home town and city of birth ! ;)

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Great photos... and what an amazing city... it's kind of a shame stay started building high as late as they did, but they sure are catching up!

I hope you had a great trip - it certainly looks like it!

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Awesome! Amazing photos from an amazing city! How fast does the London Eye go? How long are in there? And how much does it cost?

I'm planning on visiting myself one day... sure i could check this info out myself, but im too lazy :)

Anyways, great pics! Thanks for sharing! :cheers2:

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^Thank you! :cheers:

DLL_4ever said:
Awesome! Amazing photos from an amazing city! How fast does the London Eye go? How long are in there? And how much does it cost?
The eye takes about 45 minutes. And when we were there, we had to stand in line for 30 minutes to buy tickets, and then another 45-60 minutes to get into the eye. It is a very popular atraction. If you manage to buy your tickets beforehand, you'll save the first que.

I'll try to post some more photos today, of the view from St.Pauls among other things:)

·
Banned
4,330 Posts
Great photos, NorthStar ! :) London is amazing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like you had a nice trip. I visited in London three weeks ago and I found it so awesome city. There's so much old and new, high and low etc. I would like to visit there again soon, because there were so much I didn't have time to see. I was there 3½ days too and it really isn't enough for city like London.

There's my London photos, you'll get the next by clicking photos. Don't care about the captions, everyone says: "The British Museum in the rainy morning". I haven't had time to write them yet. :)
Link to my London photos

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Camden Town

St.Pauls Cathedral(skyline-photos from the top will come in the next photo-post;))

Contrast

Picadilly again

Tower of London

A closer look at the new city hall(isn't it?)

People lining up to see the crown jewels

White Tower

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Great thread! Seems like you had a good time in London, I need to visit the city someday

·
Illustrator
6,669 Posts

Great! I was in London almost 1 year ago and took pics of the same views, but I see your zoom is much better? I also took some pics of this bridge in Camden. :) I also stayed at Piccadilly Circus when I was there with my girlfriend, what hotel did you stay at?

Btw, the Pink Floyd album was called Animals. The powerplant is across the river from Chelsea.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Nice!! The city looks so "British" (i know it is, but... yeah...) :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts