• The Populous design

Votes: 420 84.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
88641 - 88653 of 88653 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mate, that got kyboshed when covid came to town. But it was a monster truck show. The third concert got announced shortly after I posted which was Lady Gaga.
Ah ok I thought you said were 7 more concerts planned if remember correctly. I think we had enough dates left. Shame about monster truck would have been fun.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ah ok I thought you said were 7 more concerts planned if remember correctly. I think we had enough dates left. Shame about monster truck would have been fun.
Ah well gaga took up two or three of those dates then it would have been the trucks. We never got advised of the others (I stopped keeping track of dates) as I think they got cancelled before they got any real traction and we (staff) stopped going in.

However I think Gaga would have been the one to kickstart the concert attraction.

·
9,872 Posts
Controversial ;)

I got no beef with their selection of NWHL but the Azteca (#10) has fallen to crap and they say the Wanda Metropolitano (#8) has no obstructed views despite there being two large support columns for the canopy on the high main side that rise from the middle of the stands. (A small thing but get it right.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
But if your in that kind of debt, 600 or 900 mil isn’t our kind the best to have?

I’d rather have 900 mil in tangible assets in a downtown than intangible. The clubs that have borrowed to spend big on purely the squad are the ones that may get in trouble.

I’ve never seen anyone loose out on buying gold and bricks & mortar commercially. A good proportion of that money is was just land too.

It may have cost a billion but it’s value is quite a bit more I’d say.

Plenty of thfc owned (Enic) building projects still to go. Those are the ones that will suffer.

I actually reckon Levy has a smirk on his face. For ages he’s been harping on about league spending beyond its means and it not being sustainable.

Love him or hate him, he hasn’t fallen into that trap.
Loads of people lose their shirt in commercial property in a downturn. It's a myth that it doesn't lose value - especially when people overpay during a boom.

How is the stadium's value more than a billion? There is no market for stadiums. The only way to generate a market value is to arrange a long term sale and leaseback arrangement with Spurs. The more rent Spurs pay and the more onerous the contract, the higher the value.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Loads of people lose their shirt in commercial property in a downturn. It's a myth that it doesn't lose value - especially when people overpay during a boom.

How is the stadium's value more than a billion? There is no market for stadiums. The only way to generate a market value is to arrange a long term sale and leaseback arrangement with Spurs. The more rent Spurs pay and the more onerous the contract, the higher the value.
You’re looking at it the wrong. You shouldn’t look at it as a “property”. It’s a business in fact a cash cow in the heart of London for the next 100 years. It’s a multipurpose stadium with endless possibilities revenue wise.

·
Registered
728 Posts
You’re looking at it the wrong. You shouldn’t look at it as a “property”. It’s a business in fact a cash cow in the heart of London for the next 100 years. It’s a multipurpose stadium with endless possibilities revenue wise.
To add, I prefer to look at the whole complex! Much of that $$$$$ is in land of which spurs has been buying up for at least 15 years pre build. I’m pretty sure they were getting it for good value too. Only the last couple of bits of land were purchased at way above value. We know what happened there.
LWH - people tend to forget about this! Nice bit of income from Sainsburys and the gov for the college.
Stadium and Store - Not even finished yet and used to 100% full potential but still raking in money. Museum not open yet, sky bridge not open yet, full tour and extreme sports pt.1 (absailing) not open yet, store roof bar not open yet, summer podium events not started.
Also got to remember they were raking in money from non sporting events. There was pretty much a conference or two every other day before closure.
Then there’s also been numerous filming shoots. Gangs of London was not the only one.
Then add the concert mode events to come. Those two areas make the complex worth £billion or two alone.
If they start and finish phase 3, depending on the down turn, will only add more $$$.

If insisting on talking about stadium alone being worth a billion, then in my opinion the tech and furnishing alone behind the scenes and visible make it worth that. So many innovations and 1st I’ve not seen in any public venue of size.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Anymore info on the Summer podium events ? Definitely seems like a space that could be used for all sorts with opening up the South stand facilities. Could even have mini music festivals there although not sure how that would tie in with the 16 events. But it’s a great little space.

·
9,872 Posts
People in the front of each section broke wind in violation of quarantine rules, infecting the seats behind them which now must be melted down to plastic slag and launched into space. New seats are being molded and blessed by Tibetan monk as we speak, then shipped via FedEx camel. Stand by.

88641 - 88653 of 88653 Posts