SkyscraperCity banner

2601 - 2619 of 2619 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
It has certainly made its presence on the whole of the [small] business district and will remain a love it/hate it building, but there is no denying the glazed elevations are impressive, especially when the sun shines and bounces off the sides. But because of the compact site and closeness to the street, the ground level/lobby areas might be a disappointment.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
There are some cool building tops on that skyline. They could at least have gone for a more interesting design, while it looks nice from the sharp edge, it's quite dull from the sides.

·
34,616 Posts
I honestly don't care for this eclectic simcity-like skyline. It looks ridiculous and has ruined London's skyline, to be honest.
I want to like it but sadly agree. It looks like a theme park. All that's missing is a Big Top, Ferris wheel, and a rollercoaster. Ok just a rollercoaster, they built the other 2 already.

·
Registered
282 Posts
London's skyline looks like an architecture model workshop.. so many angles, curves, and massiveness. I say that in a good way but also in a worrisome way lol
For a building this tall it should've been thinner in proportion.

·
Registered
26,846 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I really wished they had the courage to take the height to over 1,000 ft. even if it was by just a few feet.
I think due to the slight hill this is built on it will appear to be a super tall from most angles people view it from in London. I couldn’t find the above sea level height anywhere, but I believe it is over 1,000 FT.

This is possibly the reason why it isn’t over 1,000 ft (above ground level) as the CAA would not allow it. I think the original proposal was 307 meters.

Looking at the below website

This is built on an 18 M elevation. Taking the Above Sea Level Height to nearly 1000ft.

2601 - 2619 of 2619 Posts